Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reward Story....  (Read 373 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reward Story....
« on: August 08, 2024, 08:43:52 am »

In April of 2019 i sent the brothers some money.  When they received Tarn gave me a choice of rewards and I asked for a Story Reward.  I am not sure if it appeared later but decided that, instead of it disappearing when Gmail finally dies or I delete it by accident to copy and paste it here.  Enjoy!

-----------------------------

Tonight was the night of the purchase.  The evil dwarves arrived first.  They had the goods, the Candle of Atria.  It was said that whenever the candle shined its light on a lie, the teller's mouth would fill with blood.  The customer was a bad one as well.  He was known locally as Darkmaster the Evil, though his real name was Wabit Endays.  Darkmaster planned to use the magic candle to blackmail his foes once he uncovered their secrets.

“Do you have the adamantine wafers,” said the lead dwarf, “Darkmaster?”

“Now!” shouted Darkmaster.

Two goblins stepped out from behind the trees and threw leather sacks over the dwarves' heads and dragged them away.  Darkmaster chuckled and stepped over to where the dwarves had dropped the magic candle.  He lifted the candle and lit the wick.  Holding the flame over his head, he said:  “I really feel sorry about what's going to happen to those dwarves!”

Darkmaster let out a gurgling laugh as his mouth spilled blood onto his shirt.

-

Reclining in his chair, with his feet on the desk, Kogan read the latest report from the castle guard.  Apparently there had been a break-in at the artifact vault.  It wasn't clear what if anything had been stolen.  Just when he was about to read the rest of the report, Sheriff Holm burst into the room.

“Kogan,” yelled the sheriff, “I told you once before not to put your boots on my desk!”

“Yes sir!” snapped Kogan, putting his feet on the floor and standing at attention.  “There's been a burglary at the Artifact Vault.”

The sheriff snatched the scroll out of Kogan's hand and read it with a furrowed brow.  The thieves had the Candle of Atria.  They had to be caught before the candle fell into enemy hands.  Sheriff Holm lowered the scroll and looked at his deputy.  It was time for Kogan to prove his mettle.

“I have an assignment for you,” said the sheriff.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!