Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Beginner FEF - The Seven Warriors OOC Thread - Looking for Players!  (Read 224 times)

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile

Beginner Emblem - The Seven Warriors

For ages past, the kingdom of Fantasinia was a land in peace. For centuries, the Hawkstein family have ruled the land from their grand capital of Redving. Great power and splendour were theirs, governing over great lords from as far north as Farwood, down to the crossings at Elkbridge and even across the Freemount mountains. But now, they have grown weak and corrupt and slowly but surely, their over-mighty lords no longer obey. Just as it once was when the Hawksteins first took power, the time has come for a new noble family to seize power and the land! And so, Fantasinia slowly slipped into chaos, from which only one family may reign supreme. This was the age of the kingdom at war.

But this is not that story. In the midst of all this chaos, bandits and brigands reign supreme, preying upon villagers and travellers alike, undeterred by any noble lord that once held them in check. One little such village by the name of Crowsvale, nestled under the shadow of the Lionspeak, the tallest of the Freemount mountains, is the star of our story. Now bereft of its nominal protector by the chaos plaguing across the land and having heard word that Red Eye Bandits have made a base nearby, it has taken it upon itself to take its defence into its own hands and set forth a villager into the closest town of Inchester and seek the protection of mercenaries there that could seek to humble themselves in protecting this one small poor insignificant village rather than any greater riches or glory.

This is Beginner FEF because I am new to GMing this rather than for the players. While I would prefer to pick beginners preferentially, I am not going to say no to veterans. And because I am new to GMing, I am explicitly ripping off Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai (or the Magnificent Seven for you Westerner fans) for a story. I am not hiding this. I am also be explicitly ripping off Shogun 2's intro speech. I am not hiding this either.

Use this Handbook here

For those familiar enough to know what I am talking about, I can be convinced on using Elf's books instead/use Material from Elf's books here.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Recruitment plan: 7 player characters. Everyone starts at First Class Level 1.

Accepted characters:

Deadline for applications: 1 month (26/07/2024).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2024, 04:46:15 am by ctsun »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner FEF - The Seven Warriors OOC Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2024, 08:31:10 am »

Unsure if I have the energy to make one but interested. Even if I don't know Seven Samurai.
Spoiler: Build Strong (click to show/hide)
When you're built like a brick wall, you don't need subtlety.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 12:34:20 pm by TricMagic »

Lightbringer28

• Escaped Lunatic
  • nothing to see here....
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner FEF - The Seven Warriors OOC Thread - Looking for Players!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2024, 02:21:09 pm »

"Protecting your village? Alright, I'm in. With my buddy Razor by my side, you'll have nothing to worry about!"

Spoiler:  da build :) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2024, 04:42:03 pm by Lightbringer28 »

capivaradraconica

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner FEF - The Seven Warriors OOC Thread - Looking for Players!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2024, 05:21:04 pm »

Maybe I should give this one a shot.
Don't mind my dubious sprite
"You want to hire m-me? R-really?"
... Maybe this is my chance to escape my reputation.