Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Feedback/Request: Region Island Options  (Read 277 times)

Haiphong

• Bay Watcher
  • I... Wot?
    • View Profile
Feedback/Request: Region Island Options
« on: June 16, 2024, 12:09:13 pm »

I'm copying this from a post I made on Steam, where it was suggested I ask here:

It would be really nice if we could select in Basic World Generation whether or not it is an Island or a Region. I don't personally like to do Advanced and just don't know all the numbers well enough. But it's the only way to guarantee a Region map instead of Island.

As long as civilizations can't cross bodies of water, Island maps are much less desirable IMO since you can just have entire civilizations cut off from the game.

It would be really nice just to have the selection on Basics instead of having to go through Advanced to get a more diverse population in the world gen.

I hope this finds someone in development's ears. Thank you for making such an awesome game more accessible with these latest updates!

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback/Request: Region Island Options
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2024, 05:24:51 pm »

Speaking of islands, there should be some sort of option to always have mid- and large- size island generate with at least one cave entrance.

So in theory something or someone could get to and from that island through the cavern layer.

if nothing else, the migrants could follow that route instead of magically appearing.