Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Noob: First Mod: Rain Ponchos?  (Read 166 times)

ddseddse

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Noob: First Mod: Rain Ponchos?
« on: June 14, 2024, 11:39:40 am »

How difficult/impossible do we think this would be?

I like the idea of my military dwarfs slouching around in their GI issued rain ponchos while on patrol and I'd like to add another reason to keep bees (wax + leather --> waxed leather --> waterproof clothing).

I don't know enough to know if there's a way to prevent the "wet" condition from being applied (I'm guessing no?), but I googled around a bit and saw that syndromes can inflict conditions, so I was imagining it might be possible to "inflict" a tiny (partially offsetting) happiness boost to my dwarfs when they get wet. E.g. "Ulrist felt satisfaction that he had some protection from the weather".

I have no idea what i'm doing, but was wondering if that sort of thing was possible (without DFHACK extreme measures).

Thoughts? Should I pick a more realistic goal for my first attempt at a mod? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 12:14:06 pm by ddseddse »

DPh Kraken

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUNS:it:its:itself]
    • View Profile
Re: Noob: First Mod: Rain Ponchos?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2024, 04:26:38 pm »

I don't see any way to do this without DFhack. Contact syndromes require the material to not be a fully solid item, and materials can't really ooze contaminants to expedite that.
The furthest you'll get with raws is making reactions to create waxed leather items that have an extra-high material value (at least 5 seems fair)
[CHEESE_PLANT] and [CHEESE_GRAPHICS] biggest fan
Mod releases