Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: “Slurry of blood”, “pile of gore”, etc  (Read 296 times)

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
“Slurry of blood”, “pile of gore”, etc
« on: August 19, 2024, 06:09:17 pm »

Did particularly nasty fights ever produce things such as “a slurry of blood and vomit” and “a pile of gore” in older version of the game or am I misremembering things?
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: “Slurry of blood”, “pile of gore”, etc
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2024, 06:38:40 pm »

So in v47 adventure mode there was a string of yellow text that would appear when you looked at blood and corpse(piece)s that described things like that. Such as "Here is a dwarf in a slurry of blood."

I don't know if this was also present in fort mode.

In any case it's not a physical thing that exists in the world, just a piece of flavor text.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 06:42:34 pm by aSpatula66 »

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: “Slurry of blood”, “pile of gore”, etc
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2024, 09:10:21 pm »

I see, thank you.
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.