Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Hero Saga Noir — Death of a Spider III (TAKING A BREAK)  (Read 5685 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Hero Saga Noir — Death of a Spider III (FULL)
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2024, 10:50:34 pm »

I would be open to cohosting. Maybe someone wants to host something like this their own way, more power to them. But if they want practice I could let them take some aspects of this off my hands. We could talk about their strengths, and what they need practice with(and probably give them a bit of both). I've had positive experiences cohosting in the past, as the leader, support, and an equal partner. I think it's good to have a project leader. Such as when I was supporting Mephansteras with Bastard Paranormal 3, or when they supported me on an episode of Voyage Space Odyssey.

This style of game is very dense, turns take much more work than something like an action game. It could totally make more sense to cohost something like this.
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 01:38:27 am by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2024, 11:01:33 am »

I was hitting a wall with this one. But subconsciously, I think I knew I needed a break.

3 turn intervals is a good model for this style of sandbox, which may be sustainable. I miss Lethal Roll, I don't want it to let it wither by just relentlessly pushing ahead with Noir. It's clear hosting both wasn't possible.

I regret hyping up the next turn and not delivering on it now. I do have most of the next update ready, and want you to see it. But you've waited a month, and giving you one more update before stopping seems kind of jarring. It looks like we already have stopped.

I will have some time, as I put out feelers to resume Lethal Roll. I'll let you vote on if I should send out the next turn now, or wait.
Awesome With Autism

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2024, 11:38:25 am »

Now that you have overwritten your previous preference to not be bothered about the updates by explicitly asking us about when the next update ought be made, I shall tell you how I feel about it.

You have been teasing us with the update for too long already.

If the game is dead, tell us it is dead and stop being weird about it.
If there is an update ready, then post the update.
Being a human is actually a type of bullying.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2024, 03:12:31 pm »

I am acting with integrity to the best of my ability. If you believe that to be untrue, don't participate in my games. I don't mean that in a mean way, I'm just unable to prove my intentions. Ideally, I'd just be a machine that poops out perfect forum games. I think there are a lot of people here like that, and I am notoriously not. I just make games that I think are cool, perhaps my priorities are messed up. I leave it up to players in sign ups to decide, for what ever reason I tend to see a lot of the same faces. Unfortunately that goes straight to my heart and makes me think I am doing something right.

Usually my critics are not my players, but other game hosts. In your case, you are both, but as a player trust me your criticism will be meditated on. That's all I can promise.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2024, 05:37:52 am by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Hero Saga Noir — Death of a Spider III (TAKING A BREAK)
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2024, 03:37:23 pm »

This break will be for awhile. I plan to fully host 1 short game atleast. I am concerned that if PMs go out now it will be stale if and when we continue. But I feel like you are adults and know yourselves well enough to choose. I think it's fair to argue you deserve to see them now.

We'll close the vote in 4 days.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 03:41:58 pm by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]