Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: SPACE BRUTE: A Suggestion Game  (Read 5888 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE BRUTE: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2023, 02:37:44 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2023, 11:57:47 am »

You reach out with your Will. The Jungle answers below, a million million pinpoints of light lighting up in a vast sea stretching from horizon to horizon. You ask for wings, swift death from the sky, and large enough to carry you into battle.

You are not its master, not yet. But it answers you nonetheless.

From the deep caves of the jungle resounds a call, and dark wings take flight. From the trees rises a creature with wide webbed wings, some unholy combination of bat and dragon.Its roar ripples the trees as it takes flight to greet you. You salute those seeing you off in the transport, and step off the plane.

In the back of your mind you wonder if the transport might not have had a repulsor pack or something, but you quickly dismiss it.

The bat-dragon banks and catches you in its furry claws, and you scramble up its back as it climbs the air.

Far in the distance you can see the approaching fighters, two specks of shing metal. You just need to get close enough to bring them down. The bat-dragon is fast, but it does not have the capabilities to match a ship's engine.

Although...

A. Use the bat-dragon to get close enough to punch them out of the sky.
B. Try to channel your Will to enhance the bat-dragon! (Success Chance:???)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2023, 12:22:38 pm »

B IS FOR BRUTE
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2023, 04:20:17 pm »

You grasp tight onto the matted fur of the bat-dragon, and focus. You Will your power into the beast beneath you.

It catches in its flight, a moments pause, before flapping once more. It rises higher, faster. With each beat it goes farther. You feel it grow, its back spreading. Where once you could have touched each wing with a stretch now goes out of reach.

You feel your hearts beat in rhythm, the Jungle pouring power into you and you giving it back through the bat dragon. And it continues to grow and grow.

You release after long minutes. The bat-dragon is now enormous, shadow cast wide on the jungle beneath. It flies through the air, wind whipping painfully on your exposed skin. Excess power streams from its wingtips, as it banks unnatural fast in the air.

The fighters approach, angular machines laden for war. They launch missiles, screaming towards the massive creature. In response, the bat-dragon screeches, and your eardrums burst open at the sound. The air ripples in front of the beast's mouth, and the missiles burst at the solid wall of air they collide into.

The bat shoots into a dive at one approaching fighter as your eardrums knit back together. They try to evade, but the bat-dragon has impossible speed. Its long head whips out and tears one fighter in half with its bite, sending the remainder careening down to the earth below.

You of course weren't idle, and as the other fighter began to break you threw your boomerang. Balanced on the back of a diving bat dragon, you imparted your Will and flung it with all your strength. It flew true, a perfect throw to cut through the cockpit and the neck of the pilot. You only know of your success as the fighter continues a slow turn and doesn't waver as the mono edged boomerang returns to your grasp.

You breathe deeply. The fight took only moments, but it drew a lot of energy to enhance the beast which you now ride. It happily chirps in victory.

Your gaze returns to where the transport has trundled off to. It should be not be difficult to catch up. But something calls you north. You look and the feeling intensifies. Something has noticed you and is sending an invitation. The metal balls in your pocket, given by your teacher long ago, vibrate.

What do you do?
A. Fix the location in your mind and return to your companions on their journey to the UP.
B. They can make the journey on their own now, investigate the message.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2023, 02:44:50 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2023, 04:53:25 pm »

Victorious, you bid your bat dragon to return to the transport. You mark the location of the summons in your mind. You have a duty to these people, and will see it fulfilled.

The transport looks like a small thing next to the bulk of the enhanced dragon, you think as the creature swoops beneath it. You see the doors at the back of the transport open, and you hop aboard.The faces of terrified passengers staring at the flying titan greet you. You turn and with a thought bid it to follow discreetly. The United People's might take poorly to such a creature encroaching on their borders unaware.

Ilena and the others bid you to rest, so you kae this opportunity to meditate. You have never yet poured so much power into a creature, and you wonder yet how far you might go on this path of power.

Before any deeper revelations come to you, you feel the ship slow and begin its landing process. You consider it good that no one has rushed in to rouse you to defend the ship.

Ilena lets you know that they have accepted you all as refugees, and are curious to hear of how you acquired a Susaran transport. They warn that they will be prepared to defend themselves, and not to be alarmed by their military taking custody.

The docking ramp lowers, and though there are soldiers stationed outside, medical personnel are some of the first through the doors. You watch them, and they give you a wide berth. An hardened officer ushers the spokespersons of your group out and to a side room for discussions. You hang in the back, but the main gist is that space is limited and expensive in the city, Susara is very upset about the transport, and they are wondering if you are all worth the trouble, as Ilena explains to you.

"I don't want to speak as to what you want, we wouldn't be here if not for you and your abilities. The resources you gathered from the jungle would be more than enough to cover our expenses, but those are yours to decide what to do with. You don't owe us anything more. So," She spreads her hands, "What do you want to do?"

(Can choose multiple, write in.)
A. Offer the resources you gathered in your hunt as a payment for shelter.
B. Offer your services as a hunter to gather more.
C. Offer your services as a mercenary.
D. Plan on buying a ship out of here, either for you or the people.
E. Let them figure out their own solution. You’ve done enough.
F. Something else?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2023, 01:56:39 am »

BC
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]