Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Visitor spawns with shield.  (Read 456 times)

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Visitor spawns with shield.
« on: December 04, 2023, 06:36:19 pm »

When visitors (merchant guards, invaders) are spawned, they carry 2H weapon in one hand and shield in the other hand, regardless of 1H/2H check.

And, if i put weapons in the entity file that dwarves can't equip because of their size, they only carry them well in one hand.

Is this a bug? How do I fix it?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Visitor spawns with shield.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 06:56:39 pm »

This is technically a bug, in the category of unfinished features. There's currently no fix for it on the user side. Wielding weapons improperly only causes a penalty to attack rolls though, so they should still attack correctly. But they might miss and won't hit as hard.

If you want to ensure your fortress militia arms themselves correctly you should make uniforms for each weapon type you want and assign the uniforms to the relevant squads or squad members. You have no control over outsiders, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.