Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]

Author Topic: Greatest War Southern Star Thread - Spring 1912 (Prelim 2 Revision)  (Read 13037 times)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Greatest War Southern Star Thread - Spring 1912 (Prelim 2 Design)
« Reply #450 on: October 30, 2023, 07:07:36 pm »

Yeah I see that Fal basically said the same thing as the first part, but I'm not changing that now
...but instead modified to hold the same style of mercury bursting charge as the GSR's bursting ammunition with the hope of the much larger slug allowing for simpler manufacturing since parts for the bursting system do not have to be as small as previous attempts.
This does not specify a new detonation method, nor does the end result describe what the detonation method is, so we are free to make up any vaguely plausible excuse to fix it. Are there better, more comprehensive excuses? Yes, arguably including two alternatives written up and the one not written up. They are liable to fix it better and with more chance of a significant secondary effect, as opposed to explicitly just removing a spring.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Greatest War Southern Star Thread - Spring 1912 (Prelim 2 Revision)
« Reply #451 on: October 30, 2023, 07:12:28 pm »

Explicitly removing a spring. It may not be shiny or get anything new, but it's not difficult. So bonuses.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Greatest War Southern Star Thread - Spring 1912 (Prelim 2 Design)
« Reply #452 on: October 30, 2023, 07:20:21 pm »

This does not specify a new detonation method, nor does the end result describe what the detonation method is, so we are free to make up any vaguely plausible excuse to fix it. Are there better, more comprehensive excuses? Yes, arguably including two alternatives written up and the one not written up. They are liable to fix it better and with more chance of a significant secondary effect, as opposed to explicitly just removing a spring.

Hey, my proposal does describe the detonation method once the spring is removed.

smooth the inside corridor such that the detonation rod will be propelled backwards by the force of the bullet's impact against the target, detonating the explosive as usual.

I don't need to write something complex and comprehensive when something simpler will do just as well. Not every proposal needs to be a Chiefwaffles-level megapost (or even half that). What would more detail add, when this simple solution works just fine?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 30, 2023, 07:42:23 pm »

A bit more than"Just" then, but Kash's writeup is basically the same thing while leaving it much more open-ended about the end result, so a high roll could do far more than the current choice. Even if this sort of dead simple fishing for unexpected boons doesn't have the same effect ceiling as more complex designs.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 08:13:49 pm by m1895 »

force200

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 15, 2023, 02:12:45 pm »

So, it has been a little over two weeks already without anything going on. Anyone know why?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 15, 2023, 03:10:35 pm »

I need a couple days where my two year old isn't an absolute menace before I think about dealing with the people acting like two year olds in here, if I'm going to be absolutely and completely honest. I mean seriously, some of you more than others need to ask yourself exactly how many pages of bullshit you'd be willing to put up with as a GM and then realize they've probably bypassed that limit - and in the first turn. Serious, fuck, guys. We're only in the revision of the second turn, there shouldn't be anywhere near 31 pages of this thread.

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 20, 2023, 12:02:33 am »

We fucking killed the game oof lol

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 20, 2023, 08:13:06 am »

The Conservatives, and the Progressives. Two AR Parties talking off the ear of the King to support this or that. Needless to say, lot of discourse.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 20, 2023, 10:57:10 am »

Nah don’t try to be cute with it.

Maxim_inc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 07, 2023, 11:51:08 pm »

Sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]