Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modded entites don't appear in worldgen  (Read 444 times)

ArrowheadArcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Obsessed with !!Carp!!
    • View Profile
Modded entites don't appear in worldgen
« on: January 11, 2024, 04:57:49 pm »

I've been trying to mod steam DF for a while now. The formatting seems correct. What I'm doing is replacing entities with dwarven counterparts. Half dwarves, dark dwarves, and wild dwarven ents. The issue I keep seeing is that humans, goblins and elves keep appearing or there are only regular dwarves in my worlds. I'm not sure how to fix this.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Modded entites don't appear in worldgen
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 05:06:31 pm »

You might get more help in the modding sub forum, but did you copy the dwarf entity, rename it, and change the creature associated with it?  Post the full thing in a code block.

I've modded in new entities in the Steam version and nothing has changed from older versions except for the new mod system.  I think editing the raws directly still works, but Steam may overwrite the changes if it validates the install.  If you aren't creating a new proper mod directory, you may want to try that and ensure the mod is enabled before generating a world.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

ArrowheadArcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Obsessed with !!Carp!!
    • View Profile
Re: Modded entites don't appear in worldgen
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 05:18:05 pm »

I'm currently in the [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD in the mod forums for some help. I've posted a bit of the code block where it's supposed to be cutting the vanilla entries, but that seems to be ignored during world gen for some reason. Here what that is.

Code: [Select]

entity_dwarfworld

[OBJECT:ENTITY]

entity_default

[CUT_ENTITY:MOUNTAIN]
[CUT_ENTITY:FOREST]
[CUT_ENTITY:PLAINS]
[CUT_ENTITY:EVIL]
[CUT_ENTITY:SKULKING]

My mod entities are DWARVEN (dwarves), WILDING (wild dwarves), DARKEN (dark dwarves), and HALFING (half dwarve). These are meant to replace elves, goblins and humans.