Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Locating old Fortress  (Read 553 times)

Moocow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Locating old Fortress
« on: December 16, 2007, 11:17:00 pm »

Is there an easy way to find your abandoned fort? I'm having a lot of trouble finding it. I made sure to start nearby, buts its still nowhere in sight.
Death solves all problems - no dwarf, no problem.
- Joseph Stalin

Black Line

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Locating old Fortress
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 11:47:00 pm »

press Q then z then scroll through the list and you press enter (I think) then it will show you the 3x3 area your fort is in look around in the 3x3 area for it it can be tough to find.

Also are you Jacob?

elp build Alabelina click >here<
Here have a cookie

Moocow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 11:53:00 pm »

I am not Jacob.

I pressed Q and z and it zoomed to a 3x3 area with a human on the bottom, It does not show a path or anything though, and the rest is black. It also did not look like my fortress location, because I was forested, and I started in the mountains.

Death solves all problems - no dwarf, no problem.
- Joseph Stalin

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 11:31:00 am »

It may be necessary to search through the site list to select the old fort site.  The site may not be in the list either, if not you need to ask about surroundings in various towns.

Keep asking about surroundings until they mention something that happened to your fortress, then it should now be on the site list.  You should be able to do this in any town nearby or that you traded with, possibly others too but I find that makes it easier.

This has the side effect of sticking a few caves on the site list for extra entertainment too.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!