Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Help) Forgotten Beast arrival notification screenshots?  (Read 558 times)

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
(Help) Forgotten Beast arrival notification screenshots?
« on: June 20, 2023, 03:22:44 pm »

Hello, I'm working on some shelf decorations using my spare dwarf miniatures, and I am making a scene with a Forgotten Beast stomping out of the caverns and attacking my dwarves. On the outside or underside of the display I wanted to print out one of those notification pop ups you get when a Forgotten Beast first arrives but haven't had the luck to find the right one in my forts.

Is there a good way to fake the notification window, or do any of you fellow dwarves have screenshots of Forgotten Beast notifications? I'm looking for a sloth forgotten beast because the miniature I have for the monster slot is this gnarly looking giant cave sloth or cave bear, but other cool monster notifications could make me change my mind on what I'm putting in there. Thanks.
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
Re: (Help) Forgotten Beast arrival notification screenshots?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 06:51:32 pm »

Here's the WIP so far, Urist McHammerdwarf and Urist McButcher stumbling into the beast in the caves. The printed parts need to be cleaned up, the beast needs a proper base, I need to cut a cave floor, make the fake notification, and a dozen other things.

"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!