Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is is possible to give separate sprites to different jobs?  (Read 381 times)

Relicspread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Making a custom entity with creatures that are not using layered sprites. I am able to find information on assigning different sprites to different castes and children, corpses etc are also not a problem since I can just copy the text from other creatures. But is there any way of giving separate sprites to different jobs, like miners, soldiers and so on?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Is is possible to give separate sprites to different jobs?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 05:33:08 pm »

I'm fairly sure you can.  If you look at the layered creature graphics raws, you'll see that it does some selectors based on profession to do things like use specific colors of clothing if the clothing isn't dyed.  I'd expect that to work for non-layered creature graphics too.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is is possible to give separate sprites to different jobs?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 11:31:14 pm »

I've done it in my mod (Fantastic Fantasy Fortress). Have a look at the halfling/lizardfolk/orc graphics, I uploaded it to DFFD in the last couple of days

Only these professions work: STONEWORKER, MINER, MERCHANT, METALSMITH, FARMER, ENGINEER, CRAFTSMAN, WOODWORKER, JEWELER, RANGER, STANDARD, FISHERY_WORKER, CHILD and NONE. This definitely works in my mod

While you can't do soldier graphics, you can do a layer for if they are wielding a weapon. You'll see that underneath the profession graphics in my files
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)