Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do nice temples convert dwarfs?  (Read 966 times)

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Do nice temples convert dwarfs?
« on: May 17, 2023, 10:55:43 pm »

Dwarfs change religion, does building a sect a really big, high value, temple with performers and fancy statues increase the chance of dwarfs joining the sect?
or is there anything I can do to promote sects or are fancy temples for religions with one or two members not worth it?

also can I stop 90% of my colony worshiping the god of murder, death and torture because, it's bad vibes in here

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
Re: Do nice temples convert dwarfs?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 06:34:33 pm »

"Hey Gobbi McGobbo, should be besiege the fortress full of devouts of the god of wealth, riches and gold, of the fort full of cultists of the god of death, murder and torture?"

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 07:30:19 pm »

I'm not well-practiced in these mechanics, so take what I say with a healthy heaping of salt.

I believe only priests will convert dwarves, which means you need 10 followers of that sect/religion to found a temple, and the temple needs to be moderately well-appointed (value of 2000, I think). Whether they actually go around the fort converting people, or if that only happens in world-gen/off-map, I'm not sure.

The bad part is, when "converted" dwarves wouldn't lose old religions, they would just gain new ones. So murder/torture cult is going to stick around until you either kill off all those dwarves (hey, they might be into that), or until goblins do that for you. You also might run into the always praying bug if your priests convert too many people to too many different gods.

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2023, 05:35:40 am »

Thanks! It'd be great if sects could be founded in our forts like guilds can when you have 10 worshipers of a god