Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adv Mode - UI for telling stories  (Read 348 times)

Orange-of-Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adv Mode - UI for telling stories
« on: May 05, 2023, 09:35:35 am »

It's very troublesome when you want to tell about your exploits.

If you killed 7 night trolls, you have to search for the story and then tell it 7 times. This you need to do every time you get to a new site and you want to increase your rep.

I assume the search will be fixed in the coming update.

BUT can we get added functions like:

1: "Favorite stories". Have 10 slots of the stories you usually tell. This way you can skip the searching and just click "Tell story > Favorite story > and BAM."

2: Really big meta stories!

As it is, you never really can tell people how awesome a hero you are. If you have 130 kills, well good luch with telling about all 130 stories in a tavern. You'd need like a spreadsheet to cross of the ones you'd told, and even if you managed to do that, it would take really, really a long time to tell 130 stories. IDK, like an entire day IRL.

So if you could co like Create metastory > Enter story name [My kills] > Add stories to metastory > Save.

Then you could tell about ALL your 130 kills in one go, and you'd get the recognition you deserve.

For RP it also feels weird that it's literally impossible to say "Hey guys, I killed 130 goblins! How cool is that?". And instead you need to be like a super boring guy, telling the details of when you killed goblin 23, 24, 26 .... 130.

It's also a mechanic that doesn't work. It's intended you tell about your exploits and get rep, but you can't do it due to the UI. If you have like 140 kils you're proud of, I tell about like 2 or 3 before I get tired of hitting ................. to get it done.