Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think of my article?

I read it in translation, that’s not bad!
- 1 (20%)
I read it in Russian, спасибо, товарищ!
- 0 (0%)
Looks interesting, maybe I’ll read it later.
- 3 (60%)
Did you hit your head? I can’t handle that much text.
- 0 (0%)
You should not have written it at all, no one needs it…
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: I learned how to download Dwarf Fortress from the official site!  (Read 882 times)

imdexpeter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

In all seriousness, I wrote a rather lengthy article about the game. It’s true that the article is in Russian, but you can always use Google Translator and read it, for example, in English: here. And here is a link to the russian-language original: this.

So, I wouldn’t have bragged if I had done what I had originally planned, but in the end I did a lot of work and reviewed the game itself, its new version, and popular mods for it, followed by a short story about how the game went from ASCII graphics to official tile graphics after about 20 years. Plus near the end there’s a story about Meph Tileset, both his contributions and how he left the development team. I don’t know the details and judged only by what was written on the forum and other sites.

I don’t force you to read it, but maybe you will be interested. The article is on a popular russian gaming site, I’m not asking for anything from you, and I’m not cheating views, just sharing the link. You can vote in the poll above, whether you’re going to read it or you’re not interested.

If I didn’t write something important or interesting, made a mistake or inaccuracy, ripped off someone, etc, write about it here. I’m not a hardcore fan of DF to know much, so I might have missed something. Thanks for your feedback!

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I learned how to download Dwarf Fortress from the official site!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023, 03:42:55 am »

Так в чем суть поста? Просмотры накрутить? Или помочь с выявлением косяков? Если второе, то вроде уже поздновато

imdexpeter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2023, 04:11:46 am »

Ну как в чём, познакомить других со статьёй. Там в целом написаны банальности, но блоком про тайлсеты и про обновление я вполне горд.

С багами и без меня разберутся, а насчёт просмотров — лол, кто их там считает? Это заведомо задротский текст про задротсткую игру, у него нет шансов стать популярным просто никогда.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2023, 10:19:02 am »

Яснопонятно

imdexpeter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2023, 08:18:08 pm »

Quote from: Criperum
Только начал читать и уже столько странностей и неправильностей увидел.
Копипасть в блокнот что там у меня неправильно. Потом расскажешь и я попробую исправить, если это не что-нибудь сложное.