Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Add a "compensation" and "gullibility" stat to Fortresses  (Read 547 times)

FlatBoulders

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Add a "compensation" and "gullibility" stat to Fortresses
« on: March 11, 2023, 10:27:35 pm »

I have a fortress that has been well-off for a while and when I get caravans, I usually send a fortress-owned artifact. However, the price discrepancy between the stuff I buy from the caravans and the price of an artifact is substantial. However, I usually dont mind the difference as it usually helps diplomacy.

I think it could be interesting to instead have a "gullibility" and "compensation" system where if you trade high-value items, a caravan can either start reducing their items 's quality (assuming you would pay for it anyway) or add in bonuses (as thank for you giving them an artifact). This way, trading has a bit more of a reward/detraction beyond the simple "having and artifact versus not having it."
FlatBoulders

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Add a "compensation" and "gullibility" stat to Fortresses
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 05:39:49 pm »

This sounds like a good idea. It should probably be dependent on the personality of the trader doing the trading, their greediness and willingness to return favors, vs their judgement of the character of your broker, especially your broker's trustingness. Or if you give the artifact as an offering to their leader, then their leader's personality traits, if theyre generous enough and return favors they could make sure future caravans are stocked with high value and quality goods for you. Especially animals. One of the best things to trade for is exotic animals after all, but the game doesn't currently explicitly try to send you more exotic critters as trade increases.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.