Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Noob Questions  (Read 690 times)

Battleguy01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Noob Questions
« on: June 29, 2007, 04:08:00 am »

How do you light things on fire?
What do you think the best weapon types?
Can you attack peoples eyes?
How can i get a date?  ;)
OH DUDE ! You just copied and pasted the spambot's links !!! YOU LAZY A** !" ~Blob

Trukkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Noob Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 11:00:00 am »

Walk up to a tree or shrub and press g, then select the option that involves fire. Not sure if it works on corpses.

I've not tried them all yet, Fortress mode keeps pulling me in, but I liked my speardwarf and hammerdwarf when I made them. The spear tended to get lodged in limbs though.

Stand next to anything with flesh. Shift-a to attack, press enter to switch to wrestling mode, select the creature you wish to wrestle and grapple it's head with a HAND. Then, go into the wrestling mode again and below the pinching options, should be gouging ones.
I spend half an hour wondering why I still couldn't gouge eyes when I had a mule's head grappled with my upper and lower arms and both legs.

Walk up to any girl and press k. Greet them and select the 'date' option. There's a chance, based on what you're holding, how well you know them, what you're wearing, what you last ate and how many goblins you've slain, that she might accept. Do not attack her if she says no.

Hope that helps  ;)

He needs distractions to get through the working day.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 12:54:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Battleguy01:
<STRONG>How do you light things on fire?
What do you think the best weapon types?
Can you attack peoples eyes?
How can i get a date?   ;)</STRONG>

Weapon types:

They are all pretty much good, except for whips which suck right now. I imagine that Toady will have them become more useful in the future.  You should realize that if you use bows or crossbows, getting ammo will be tough- you'll have to loot it from goblins or something, since stores don't sell it.

Attacking eyes:

You can't tell the adventurer to swing at a particular part of an opponents body (called shots), but you can wrestle with something and gouge its eyes out.  To do this, go up to something and press capital A.  Then press <shift> so that it says you want to wrestle with the opponent.  Then from the menu, tell it to grab your opponents head with your hand- note that you MUST use your hand, and not another body part to do this.  Once you have managed to get a hold on the opponent's head, you can tell it to wrestle again, and this time chose the option to gouge eyes.  You can also strangle people by grabbing their throats with your hand.  You can also break or dislocate limbs by grabbing them (with any bodypart), putting them into a lock, and then choosing a break option.  All of these moves require multiple actions.

Oh, and just so you know, adventure mode is still pretty undeveloped- a lot of things either don't work, or they are not dealt with very seriously right now.  There is a lot left to do on this part of the game.

Good luck!

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 10:30:00 pm »

Removal of the eyes is a sure fire way to defeat most fleshy foes. it also does affect ability to use ranged weapons. my most epic wrestler who fled an inflate error, during his early years took a crocodile to the head. he lost an eye, and could not shoot worth BALLS.
HY DO THE DOGS KEEP EXPLODING?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 02:29:00 am »

gouging eyes is also a sure fire way to getting more dates.  just be sure to speak in a falsified voice when ever adressing that person in the future.

Battleguy01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 01:58:00 am »

I have another question:

What's the best way of killing an Iron man? and how would I kill him is I only had wrestling skills.

OH DUDE ! You just copied and pasted the spambot's links !!! YOU LAZY A** !" ~Blob

Faces of Mu

• Bay Watcher
  • I once saw a baby ghost...but it was just a tissue
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 09:56:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by puke:
<STRONG>gouging eyes is also a sure fire way to getting more dates.  just be sure to speak in a falsified voice when ever adressing that person in the future.</STRONG>

:D

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 10:32:00 am »

quote:
What's the best way of killing an Iron man? and how would I kill him is I only had wrestling skills.

The answer to both: tear his arm off and beat him to death with it.

"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law