Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Animal tribesmen are bugged?  (Read 527 times)

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Animal tribesmen are bugged?
« on: July 26, 2023, 10:16:08 am »

Whenever I encounter subterranean animal tribesmen in fortress mode, they never seem to attack my dwarves, despite being labelled as “hostile” in the creature menu. According to the wiki, they’re also supposed to be seen around meat and tanned hides, but the ones I run into are always just standing around, doing absolutely nothing. Has this been happening to anyone else?
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Animal tribesmen are bugged?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2023, 02:07:37 pm »

that's been their behavior since implementation way back when... not very interesting. sometimes they get rolled by a forgotten beast before you arrive. If you attack them they will fight back of course.

bug or feature? you would need to review the bugtracker for the answer, but I suspect they treat you as neutrals due to the fact you embarked on top of their camp. similar to some megabeasts

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Animal tribesmen are bugged?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2023, 03:15:48 pm »

Damn that kinda sucks. Hope their behaviour gets revamped in the future.
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.