Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: a particular pet peeve of mine in the 0.50.x  (Read 654 times)

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
a particular pet peeve of mine in the 0.50.x
« on: January 16, 2023, 04:54:24 am »

the unit lists should have various means to categorize dorfs, one of which should be arranging them based on their date of arrival

in that way we can know if a particular dorf is recently arrived or is a long term resident

the only workaround i have in mind right now is giving each of them a nickname but it's a long work to do

http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: a particular pet peeve of mine in the 0.50.x
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 05:30:42 am »

the unit lists should have various means to categorize dorfs, one of which should be arranging them based on their date of arrival

in that way we can know if a particular dorf is recently arrived or is a long term resident

the only workaround i have in mind right now is giving each of them a nickname but it's a long work to do
Yeah, is that information anywhere at all now?
Date they arrived used to be part of the thoughts wall-of-text.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 06:50:37 am »

I give  them name with wave number ("Urist 3"), but also use Dwarf Therapist, which has ability to sort by Wave, i.e. date of arrival or birth. The information is in the data, but not presented by the  game right now.

Vsor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 06:51:41 pm »

I usually make a do-nothing work detail called "citizen" and assign all of my dwarfs to it. Then when migrants show up, I look for any dwarf that is not part of that work detail. From there i do whatever i need to do, like choose which ones are fit for the military, then I add them all to the work detail.