Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Visitor Prisoner has stolen Artefact, how do I get it off him?  (Read 5454 times)

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
Re: Visitor Prisoner has stolen Artefact, how do I get it off him?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2022, 03:28:55 am »

Ever since I started chaining animals within an overlap of the pedestal/display case where the artifacts were housed, I had no more problems with thieves. A few overlapping dogs, or monkeys, or bears, or anything really. Preferably tamed animals as we had an incident with a regressing no-longer-tame crocodile on a chain which led to a few one-handed urists, but the artifact would theoretically remain safe in that situation... Just spattered with blood, but that's not really an issue.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

DollMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Visitor Prisoner has stolen Artefact, how do I get it off him?
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2023, 11:30:45 am »

Anyhow, after failing to find any existing and working solutions, whether they do exist or not, I ended up writing my own script for this. The idea was to conveniently find and drop artifacts to the ground. Works like a charm for me, so far. I will share it here, so maybe it can be useful to someone else too. For dropping the items, it uses moveToGround call which is relatively common in various DFHack scripts, so I suppose it should not be too dangerous save corruption-wise. That being said, can't have too many save backups :).

https://pastebin.com/LzuQLe0V (dropartifact.lua)

Thank you so much for this script. It worked like a charm on a zombie visitor that tried to get away with one of my artifacts. He ended up in jail, but didn't want to give back my masterful wooden cup encrusted with giant squirrel leather and cherry opals. I really didn't want to kill him and tried to find a way to get the cup back, but no matter what I did, it didn't work. Until I tried your script. I wish they would include in in the dfhack release. Thank you
Pages: 1 [2]