Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fists only adventurer  (Read 1518 times)

Shadowslasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
fists only adventurer
« on: September 02, 2007, 11:58:00 pm »

I recently created an adventurer who started with just 1500 xp in wrestling. He has no armor, and always keep his hands empty. He is a legendary wrestler with 1000/3800 experience, but he can't kill large groups of zombies enough to finish a ruins quest. Anyone else had more luck with a fists only adventurer?

(I don't cheat at all, when he dies he'll just die, no crashing my computer to save him  :))

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: fists only adventurer
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 12:03:00 am »

If you haven't already, try setting his attack preference to 'strike'
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Shadowslasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 12:15:00 am »

He's on "Strike" "Move Away" and "Dodge"

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 05:47:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Shadowslasher:
<STRONG>(I don't cheat at all, when he dies he'll just die, no crashing my computer to save him   :))</STRONG>

Doing so would corrupt your world's data, making it a useless thing to do anyways.

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 08:53:00 am »

BACKUPS! Always, always restore from a complete backup of the regionX folder and regionX.sav files (if you have only one world, the whole /data/save folder) whenever you ctrlaltdel.
So sayeth the Wiki Loremaster!

Ravendas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 08:53:00 am »

Wrestling/punching dwarves are really really bad against undead. Wrestling relies on pain and strangulation usually, with one or two bleeding eye sockets here or there. Undead cannot feel pain, cannot be strangled, and losing their eyes (if they still have them) won't really affect them.

So yeah, avoid the ruins I'd suggest. Not like you need the items in there if you're playing a naked wrestler type.

Slanted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 09:39:00 am »

Stock up on Hammer/Macemen buddies? That's about it. The only thing wrestlers can really do to Undead is break limbs...which won't stop them from flopping around and biting out your throat.

4bh0r53n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?c=1&mforum=abhorsengames
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 11:51:00 am »

i think that you shopuld be able to through the wrestling menu, throw people, that should cause enogh damage to be able to kill the undead.
.B.H.O.R.S.E.N.: Abhorrent, Bloodthirsty, Hitchhiker-Obliterating Ravager from the Sunless Enchanted Necropolis

I dont explode Cats, its way to hard to coax them into the microwave...

FunkyBomb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 02:10:00 pm »

Throwing only stuns and knocks down creatures, it does no damage. Since undead cannot be stunned, you might as well just use Takedown.

Even better, just stay away from ruins, period.

Zeofar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 06:47:00 pm »

Yeh, nothing to do with the topic, but why would Slanted think its a good idea to take Macemen and Hammermen into ruins? Best way to take out Undead is to destroy their bodies, Axeman and Swordsman all the way.

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 07:52:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Zeofar:
<STRONG>Yeh, nothing to do with the topic, but why would Slanted think its a good idea to take Macemen and Hammermen into ruins? Best way to take out Undead is to destroy their bodies, Axeman and Swordsman all the way.</STRONG>

Uh... yes, and maces and hammers have the highest body damage of any weapon, so they're awesome at destroying undead, especially skeletons. Axes/swords might be slightly better against zombies since zombies don't lose broken limbs the way skeletons do but maces are still pretty decent.

Shadowslasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 09:28:00 pm »

Yeah, the main reason i thought it was so weird was because my legendary hammerman went through ruins like a hot knife through hot butter.

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 10:26:00 pm »

Hammers are fun just because they *never* get stuck and send people flying across the map  :)

If there is nothing in the way my hammer dwarf would send undead off the screen. If there WAS something in the way they would explode on impact. Heh

Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?