Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Steam: "Regenerate World? "  (Read 1619 times)

Loomy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Steam: "Regenerate World? "
« on: December 10, 2022, 12:41:39 pm »

I haven't played DF classic in a while but I'm pretty sure I was able to click an option that had the equivalent of saying "I don't like this generate world, don't save this world and create a new random one".

In the steam version I see Play Now and Save and Return the Menu. Am I missing "Don't save and return to menu" or something ? I can't find any other button.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam: "Regenerate World? "
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2022, 07:49:51 pm »

They removed it because people would spend 6 hours generating a world then accidentally click "delete this".
There was never a "discard and create a new world" option though. You would discard, then start again.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2022, 11:17:18 pm »

They removed it because people would spend 6 hours generating a world then accidentally click "delete this".
There was never a "discard and create a new world" option though. You would discard, then start again.
I would spend hours generating pocket worlds and tweaking settings. Not being able to toss a world I don't want to keep wastes my time.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2022, 12:31:51 am »

I would spend hours generating pocket worlds and tweaking settings. Not being able to toss a world I don't want to keep wastes my time.
And guess what, as an experienced user, you are never going to hit a to abort world after generating it for 6 hours. So, entirely not who this failsafe was made for.

Just hit pause half way through generation, you can discard the world there.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 05:39:37 am »

And guess what, as an experienced user, you are never going to hit a to abort world after generating it for 6 hours. So, entirely not who this failsafe was made for.

Just hit pause half way through generation, you can discard the world there.
Ok, then as an experienced user, let me decide to toggle the ability to toss my crap worlds that take longer to save than to generate.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2022, 05:56:58 am »

A confirmation would probably suffice.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2022, 07:19:37 pm »

Seconding the "why remove this?" train of thought.
I can be pretty picky with the way my worlds look, and being able to delete and re-do them was a nice feature.