Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Premium Dwarf Fortress] I'm having an issue with "Nothing" Hamlets  (Read 440 times)

Dancing Anatolia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm trying to mod in the Bandar Log from Dominions as a new Creature type/Entity. I seem to have almost everything where I want it, except in world gen the Bandar Log's settlements are always called "nothing" instead of an adjective. They're Nothing Hamlets and Nothing Castles, instead of Bandar Hamlets or Bandar Castles. I'm not sure where the error is. Here's a copy of both my Creature Files and my Entity files if anyone can tell what's wrong.

Entity: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WbvAnfr2d7ljabVrir-BPo1cgzas0hHaj-C6DmymtJc/edit?usp=sharing

Creature: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KChFuuK2GpeAxsnOzZ9QztChnYSug8J0BlvaUb9aCuA/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: the only thing I've found in the errorlog that might be relevent is this:
 "*** Error(s) finalizing the entity BANDAR_LOG

Unrecognized entity creature token: bandar log"

Edit 2: Thanks for the help, I managed to figure it out. Turned out that I changed the species name to BANDAR_LOG, but the caste tags for my positions still said [ALLOW_CREATURE:BANDAR:(x)]. Once I updated them all to [ALLOW_CREATURE:BANDAR_LOG:(x)] everything finally matched together and their sites now have names. It has the added benefit of making my stratified caste system actually work.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 12:43:17 pm by Dancing Anatolia »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [Premium Dwarf Fortress] I'm having an issue with "Nothing" Hamlets
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 11:48:03 am »

The "nothing hamlet" part is probably coming from the creature not having a caste name at the creature level. You've got one for each of the castes, but the game for whatever reason uses a caste name at the creature level too. Usually it's defined right after the creature name token.

I don't see a "Bandar log" in the creature file, I'm on my phone so I can't search it
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dancing Anatolia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 12:06:33 pm »

Hmm well that's odd. The [NAME] tag is the first one I wrote down. It seemed to solve the problem in Version .47 (which I downloaded to use the Testing Arena) when the Creatures themselves showed up as "nothing". I got the Creature names to work, but now the issue is that the Entity can't seem to find that name and apply it to sites.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 02:02:00 pm »

CASTE_NAME is the issue here