Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Persistent Announcement/Report Log  (Read 543 times)

LuuBluum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Persistent Announcement/Report Log
« on: December 07, 2022, 03:44:54 pm »

Right now it seems that the pop-up announcements have replaced the original announcement/report log, but sometimes you might want to go back and check on something after you already dismissed the announcement for it. Could a more persistent log be restored, like the one that existed prior, for those scenarios?

mestema

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Persistent Announcement/Report Log
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 04:47:23 am »

You also used to be able to monitor gamelog.txt in the install folder for combat log and mineral findings, but this feature seems to have been removed in the premium version. Bringing this feature back would be a quick (and probably easy) fix for the current UI/log -situation.

extremejon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 11:19:55 am »

PLEASE PLEASE add the combat reports and announcements menus back! Im shocked that anyone would think removing them was a good idea. One of my favorite features was being able to read through all my old combat logs, and now the logs are just poof gone if I close the notification.

Its a bit wack that that this is a game about 'making stories', but the options to review your stories has been removed :(
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 12:01:35 pm by extremejon »

Lexyvil

• Bay Watcher
  • Serenading the folk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 04:15:07 pm »

I'm surprised that this feature wasn't present in the premium version. I assume it's still being worked on? I hope.
My post ends here.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2022, 01:52:56 pm »

Its a bit wack that that this is a game about 'making stories', but the options to review your stories has been removed :(

Yup. These logs have been one of the most important features for me when writing down a story/update/report of forts & adventures.

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2022, 07:47:46 pm »

PLEASE PLEASE add the combat reports and announcements menus back! Im shocked that anyone would think removing them was a good idea. One of my favorite features was being able to read through all my old combat logs, and now the logs are just poof gone if I close the notification.

Would be great to finally get a differentiation between real combat and sparring or combat between 3rd parties that you don't care about too.

This would make the job of the guy doing the "audible alerts" mod a bit easier.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2022, 03:14:40 am »

Yeah that is a strange deisgn choice, wth
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com