Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Announcements.txt questions  (Read 658 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Announcements.txt questions
« on: December 11, 2022, 01:35:08 pm »

Has anyone been able to edit the announcements to pause the game? I want it to pause on migrants, but editing the Announcements file doesn't seem to function any more.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 07:18:05 pm by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Celarious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Problem getting Announcements.txt edits to work
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 03:28:10 pm »

It's worked for me. In the case of migrant arrivals, make sure to change the D_D part to BOX.

Code: [Select]
[MIGRANT_ARRIVAL_NAMED:A_D:D_D] --> [MIGRANT_ARRIVAL_NAMED:A_D:BOX]
[MIGRANT_ARRIVAL:A_D:D_D] --> [MIGRANT_ARRIVAL:A_D:BOX]
[D_MIGRANTS_ARRIVAL:A_D:D_D] --> [D_MIGRANTS_ARRIVAL:A_D:BOX]
[D_MIGRANT_ARRIVAL:A_D:D_D] --> [D_MIGRANT_ARRIVAL:A_D:BOX]
[D_MIGRANT_ARRIVAL_DISCOURAGED:A_D:D_D] --> [D_MIGRANT_ARRIVAL_DISCOURAGED:A_D:BOX]
[D_NO_MIGRANT_ARRIVAL:A_D:D_D] --> [D_NO_MIGRANT_ARRIVAL:A_D:BOX]

Alternatively you can just add
:P on the end for the usual alert but also with a pause. So like:
[MIGRANT_ARRIVAL:A_D:D_D:P]
:R works too for recentering onto the migrants.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 06:40:48 pm by Celarious »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 06:51:00 pm »

I must've done something wrong before, and I don't know what it was but it must've been different, because now it works. So thanks, you did more than I can say ;)

While I'm on the topic, does anyone know if there is an Announcements line, or which one it is perhaps, that can be used to pause the game when combat starts? I've seen it asked several times in the chat and the only answer I and others has been able to give is "check the Announcements file", which is rather unsatisfying since there are a bunch of combat-related lines in there and hard to know what does what.
Love, scriver~

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2022, 09:05:09 pm »

While I'm on the topic, does anyone know if there is an Announcements line, or which one it is perhaps, that can be used to pause the game when combat starts? I've seen it asked several times in the chat and the only answer I and others has been able to give is "check the Announcements file", which is rather unsatisfying since there are a bunch of combat-related lines in there and hard to know what does what.

I don't think there's any way without having the game pause each time someone throws a punch.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?