Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A "new" mod idea  (Read 641 times)

Grafus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
A "new" mod idea
« on: November 13, 2022, 12:09:09 pm »

Hi there!
First a bit about me.
I heard about dwarf fortress a long time ago but only decided to try it about 2 months ago,it was an absolute blast and i fell in love with the game.
i like making mods for games so i decided to make a mod for dwarf fortress.

So the mod.
Im thinking about making a medieval overhaul mod(that might later evolve into a total conversion mod) that would include more armours,more weaponry,new + renamed noble titles,new enemies,new creatures inspired by medieval myth and such + some other things.I will try to adapt these new things into dwarf fortress so none of them look out of place although that might be hard since im going to add in stuff from the entire medieval period (early and late) plus i might add in early gunpowder weaponry (handgonne).I will mainly be inspired by Mordhau and battle brothers.
Now i dont have much experience in modding dwarf fortress so it might take a long time to get even an alpha version of this mod.
But in the meantime would you like to suggest anything to add to it?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 12:23:52 pm by Grafus »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A "new" mod idea
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 07:21:42 pm »

simpler is better. I like overhaul mods where the additions feel like they each have a place in the game. but this can be difficult since there are only so many factors that go into weapon handling.

perhaps alternate shields would be fun?

Grafus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: A "new" mod idea
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 05:16:00 pm »

That indeed is a good idea,thanks. On the topic of shields,what type would you say is your favourite one?