Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: (ISG) Kip's Journey  (Read 2651 times)

Mr.Mountain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Kip's Journey
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2022, 12:04:34 am »

...fine.

describe what happens to a sheep's wool if it's left unshorn too long.
Spoiler: it's not pretty (click to show/hide)

people are the same way, see? that's why everyone needs regular haircuts.
we also eat it, but that's beside the point

Kip offers his... incredible wisdom.

"That, uhh..."
"That isn't... people don't—" she drops her dagger and places her face in the palm of her hands, massaging in exasperation "—this is useless."
"So. Still gonna carry sailor's justice on this, uh, feral and... mental fellow?"

Pem massages her temples for a brief moment before returning to the inane situation at hand.
"No, Herri. You win. But tie him up and gag him for now. Please."
Herri looks back at Kip with pity and empathy. "Ahh... that I can do."

Kip can hardly resist in his current state. It wasn't all that long ago that he fainted from dehydration. So, he ends up tied and gagged with rope from one of the barrels. Afterwards, Herri begins preparing the caught crabs. He takes a dark metal pot from another barrel to boil them in over the fire. The trio eat in silence for a while, with Herri undoing Kip's gag only to feed him crab. Kip is too hungry to frustrate Herri's efforts. Eventually, Herri breaks the nervous stillness around the fire.

"So... where you from, lieutenant Pem?"
"My ship is sunk and my captain's dead. I am not a lieutenant anymore."
"Right. Sorry." The conversation stalls on that for an uncomfortable time.
"Mabragh. By the sea."
"Ah, way down South from me! Never been. I'm from Ellis, but the tippy top North."
"I know. We picked you up for exile. I know where you're from."
"Right. Just a bit o' chit-chat." The exchange hangs coldly again. "So... where are we now?"
"Don't know. When the night grows darker, I'll take a look at the sky. Don't have any navigation instruments, but I still have the stars and moon."
"Spiff. Never done any of that. I manned the nets on the bayboats. Hard stuff, but easy on the brain, not like all that stars and moon stuff."
"Was the work too hard? How else does a fisherman turn to thieving his own crew?"

Herri shrugs his shoulders and goes quiet. The conversation dies thereafter.
no one could have anticipated this

Mr.Mountain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2022, 12:06:04 am »

Gonna write up what's next after Christmas. No need to make suggestions now... but don't let me stop you. Merry Christmas everyone!
no one could have anticipated this

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2022, 12:56:34 am »

Develop a system of eyebrow waggling communication. It doesn't matter if they notice or understand, it just lets us crack jokes and then laugh at them ourself.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2022, 02:20:19 am »

Develop a system of eyebrow waggling communication. It doesn't matter if they notice or understand, it just lets us crack jokes and then laugh at them ourself.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2022, 02:55:43 am »

+1
+1
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]