Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strange bug-"feature": Squads returning from raid + Siege.  (Read 470 times)

The Red Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strange bug-"feature": Squads returning from raid + Siege.
« on: October 31, 2022, 05:02:52 pm »

The siege started when my squads were raiding. It occured normally, until I realized about 10 goblins were stuck in the corner on the screen, unmoving.

And my squads were not returning from their mission. The mission was close by.

That spot was the "entrance" for the squads.

It stood like that forever until I realized I had one army member left. So I sent him towards the goblins and, thankfully, he managed to beat them.

That "unplugged" that corner of the screen and not only my squads returned, but the rest of the siege as well! So a battle started in the corner were my dwarves won, thankfully.

So sieges can somehow end up "plugging" the corner of the screen and block the return of the squads and you need to "unplug" them for things to flow again.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strange bug-"feature": Squads returning from raid + Siege.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 05:08:16 pm »

you can also experience this if you receive your first migrant wave before you designate a meeting spot or dining room. the new migrants will not know where to path, and thus stand awakwardly at the screen's edge blocking all the other migrants, until random idle movement or someone gives them a task to perform