Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tales of the Deadmen - looking for new players!  (Read 418 times)

stoirtap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tales of the Deadmen - looking for new players!
« on: July 01, 2024, 07:51:17 am »

Attention all players looking for an active text-based roleplaying game looking for new members!

Originally a Deadmen Wonderland fanfic that has since gone wildly off the rails, 'Tales of the Deadmen' is a fun character-based adventure online roleplaying game in a simple 2d6 system played on the Bay12 discord server. Play as a biokinetic - a human with incredible powers - in the employ of Tartarus Corp. to fight with other biokinetics and further hone your skills, abilities, ills, and skillbillities as you investigate the mysteries of your shady employer. What is Tartarus Corp., and what do they do? Why is an advertisement agency hiring biokinetics to fight each other, and what are the true motives of the CEO, the subtle and conniving Robert Green? What is Space Siren, and what is the Harmonization Project? And, what horrors exist deep underneath the facility?

We play on our own discord server, but all of our current players are Bay12 regulars. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of the Deadmen - looking for new players!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2024, 05:38:28 pm »

I might join, but I am swamped.  Could I still join in a couple weeks?
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

stoirtap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2024, 10:00:52 am »

Sure, I sent you the discord link in PMs!

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2024, 09:20:50 pm »

Is the game run in sessions ala tabletop D&D, or play-by-post? How do turns work? Are actions decided and done all at once, or are people doing things by initiative order and then the next one in line can react to what the other player just did, etc.?