Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Battlefield 4  (Read 5224 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Battlefield 4
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2022, 09:57:43 pm »

"Finally, I desperately need some more cards!,"

Anyways the Anglerfish Dragon strikes upon the Fairy Token to destroy it, and I gain 4 hearts in the process, then I end my turn.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2022, 12:11:06 am »

"I play Beetle Brood..."

"...And I immediately use its ability to split it into two Beetle Broods. Also, this would be much easier for me if we weren't fighting in a zone that kept me from having more then one Fairy Ring in play at a time, but such is fate I suppose. And another fairy token shows up."

--
Turn 11 (This is for drawing tracking purposes so I don't have to count how many turns we are into the game manually to figure out what's in my hand to make sure I'm not cheating when I play something.)
Elric
Hearts: 11
Stars: 5
Board: Fairy Ring 0/6, Fairy Token 1/1, Beetle Brood 1/1, Beetle Brood 1/1

Gabriella Scales:
Hearts: 56
Stars: 7
Board: Anglerfish Dragon 4/10, Refinery 0/3
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2022, 12:17:18 am »

((How exactly does the Beetle Brood's 'before attacking' clause work, Supernerd? Is that just 'before any attacks are declared', or is it 'immediately before actually attacking with it'?))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2022, 01:19:46 am »

Here is my ruling: Beetle Brood's ability would have to occur before an attack, thus would not be usable on the turn it is played unless some other card gave it the ability to attack immediately. This also means that it can split multiple times per turn if it is somehow able to attack more than once.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2022, 05:19:47 am »

((Given I'm pretty sure I've played and split it immediately before, that's an unfortunate ruling.))

((In this case, I'd have liked to have just played a Clover Fairy instead.))

Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2022, 06:22:21 pm »

“Finally some of the interesting cards I have in this deck!”

Anyways the Anglerfish Dragon pops the Clover Fairy. Your turn

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2022, 07:44:42 pm »

"I'll play Energy Ward on my Fairy Ring then, and my Fairy Token will slap your Refinery for one damage before another Fairy Token emerges from the Fairy Ring."

"It's really looking like I'm not going to win this, but I'm still not going to give up."

--
Turn 12
Elric
Stars: 5
Board: Fairy Ring+Energy Ward 0/8, Fairy Token 1/1, Fairy Token 1/1

Gabriella Scales:
Hearts: 60
Stars: 7
Board: Anglerfish Dragon 4/10, Refinery 0/[2/3], Cyberpunk Waifu 3/6
Forenia Forever!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2022, 09:12:15 pm »

"Okay, let's try to end this quick then. I think I'll just pop another Anglerfish :P, the Cyberpunk also gains +1/+1 for my starting card draw."

, which creates another token in play...

The first AD takes down the first Fairy Token, the Cyberpunk Waifu takes down the second Fairy Token, and I end my turn to use the Dragon's Lure to force the first AD to deal 4 damage to the Ring. I gain 8 hearts in the process.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2022, 05:26:12 am »

"I play a Wooly and do a ping of damage to your refinery. Another fairy token enters battle for the glory filled doom that will soon happen to her."

--
Turn 13
Elric
Stars: 6
Board: Fairy Ring+Energy Ward 0/[4/8], Fairy Token 1/1, Wooly 2/3

Gabriella Scales:
Hearts: 65
Stars: 3
Board: Anglerfish Dragon 4/[7/10], Refinery 0/[1/3], Cyberpunk Waifu 3/6, Anglerfish Dragon 4/10, Dragon's Lure 1/4
Forenia Forever!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2022, 10:49:16 pm »

"good game, well played"

playing this card result in the Dragon's Lure dying, the Fairy token, the Fairy Ring, and the Wooly, also the Refinery. The first AD lives with 3 health, the second AD lives with 6 hearts, the Cyberpunk Waifu with 2 hearts

I deal 4 damage to you from the first AD, 4 damage from the second AD, and then 5 damage from the Cyberpunk Waifu. Totaling to 13 damage, which results in you going down.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2022, 11:14:53 pm »

"Well, I knew I'd likely lose, but I thought I could drag it out a bit longer. Good game, well played."
Forenia Forever!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2022, 11:23:12 pm »

Gabriella Scales of Team 2 has won!
Gabriella Scales has gained 3 Victory Points for claiming a hostile territory.
Team 2 is now in control of Windy Plains Zone
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]