Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Opportunity Strikes!  (Read 792 times)

King-Panda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Opportunity Strikes!
« on: June 13, 2008, 11:26:00 pm »

So, this is my second game of Adventurer, and I'm doing... okay. Things took a turn for the better when I entered a town filled with dozens of Hoary Marmots. I have no idea what they are, but they seemed to not like me being there. They threw some things at me, but missed. I noticed I couldn't find any humans in this human town, and that the shops were empty... So I stole all the armor from the nearest shop and booked it in fear of retaliation. I got out of the town and traveled to the next without incident.

Now that I've stolen from that town, I assume I can't go there anymore. But why weren't there any NPC's there? Were those Marmots attacking them? If time passes, and the humans in that town die, can I go loot it? Will other human towns attack me for stealing from another town?

Edit:Removed another question I was gonna ask, figured it out.

[ June 14, 2008: Message edited by: King-Panda ]

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
Re: Opportunity Strikes!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 12:31:00 am »

Hoary marmots.

It may be that the citizens of that town have all (or mostly) been killed.  Were there random bits of clothing all over the place?  If not, they're probably just missing, and I don't know why.

You can freely loot the rest of the town, as long as guards don't show up to catch you.  The Omniscient Justice System will cause other members of that civilization to shun or attack you, but there should be other nations around that you can interact with, including human ones.

*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

King-Panda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 12:58:00 am »

Thanks. After equipping all that shiney armor, I got chased by a bunch of goblins into a river, which froze two turns after I got in. How unlucky.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 01:35:00 am »

Cold water: the ultimate weapon.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.