Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fortress Items in Adventure mode  (Read 1627 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Items in Adventure mode
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 07:20:00 pm »

Nope.  Dwarves can only ever have one strange mood in their life, and the only way to spark off a new artifact is to use Dwarf Companion, and it picks a random dwarf for that.  

With a bit of tweaking, it is possible to have dwarves create adamantine artifacts with DC.  However, you'd have to devote a lot of your design to facilitating that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 07:37:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by DarkMagnus:
<STRONG>Whew, it's working. Deleted the /objects/ folder (backed it up, of course) and now it's fine. Awesome. Thanks.</STRONG>

Nyarr har har har!

*points the finger at Kagus*

I actually don't really know what the files in the objects folder are for though. I am under the impression that it makes copies of everything in the raws at the time and places them there. Is that how it works?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 08:33:00 pm »

Basically, yes.  Every time you generate a world, it pulls files from the raws and  puts copies of them in the data folder.  They're saved as different file types though, so it's probably just that the game takes the easily-editable raws and turns them into easily-read whatevers.

When you make a new world, it repeats the process and overwrites everything that shares a namer with one of the "new" files.  This can cause interesting problems if you muck around with the actual filenames, since you'll have things left over that you probably didn't mean to be in there.  I have no idea why it worked for this.

Pages: 1 [2]