Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Take that unrelated Dude!  (Read 712 times)

Kasmodahn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Take that unrelated Dude!
« on: June 05, 2022, 08:18:47 am »

Hello Guys,

i made a habit of catching invaders with a rather long corridor full of cage traps so that i can praise our beloved Armok by releasing them in my Arena, where they can fight with other invaders and random somethings/somewhos that may appear in my fort. Mostly this works rather well, if you consider the time the Dwarfs need to pack the cages in the Arena and get rid of dropped equipment/lost body parts to be something that hasn't to be done. Nothing is better than fighting that Ettin living on a hill of human bones and goblin skulls. At least not for the sadistic bystanders.

So back to my problem: i do consider the equipment something that has to be cleared in this run..... and i'm fighting invaders twice a year so sometimes a the trap corridor is getting blocked and i need to clear the hordes of disgusting thieves and betrayers manually using Dwarfs.

So, every time i engage in battle someone dies. Unfortunately in my tavern.... because, and i don't know why, some random idiot decides that this outpost liason needs to die if my soldiers fight humans/goblins.
First my thought was, oh yeah sure - it is a loyalty cascade ( DFHack tells me "nope"), the human guest kills a dorf because dorfs are killing humans, my mason thinks the liason is one of the invaders... what? I repeated that invasion now a couple of times and succeeded at sneaking the liasons out of my fort at the next season and killed the invaders then.
But what the hell was that? NVM a bug? Aaaaand now: new invasion new corpses -.-' how can i avoid that unrelated Dudes are dying my tavern and office and temple and... red?

thanks in advance