Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls: Godbound OOC  (Read 2546 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Scrolls: Godbound OOC
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2022, 10:24:46 am »

Okay accepting all the following characters:

Glass: Girtek
Kilo: Lieras Hlaalu
Madman: Rilfar Tostigsson
Soldier: Krihrada Ychotchzan
Irony: Breaks-the-Chain
Sudorandom:Walks-in-shadow
Max Spin: Tiros

You can still submit character sheets to join a waitlist in case we expand player count or someone drops out.

Expect the intro situation (prisoners in the dungeons of Helgan, powers strangely awakened as a dragon attacks) to be posted in the next few days!

Edit:
Questions
While I work on the introduction, feel free to answer or ignore these questions as you like. Your answers can have significant effects on the world. (subject to gm approval, but I’m easy. )

Girtek: Do you know who created you, and how much control did they have over you? Do you desire to create others like yourself?

Lleiras Hlaalu: The Mages Guild was at the forefront of Theurgic research. What caused their fracture, and what side are you on?

Rilfar Tostigsson: What hold does Rilfar hail from and lay claim to? (Any except Whiterun, can make one up as well). Who aided your rival (can be a dragon, sorcerer, something else?)

Krihrada Ychotchzan: What do you know of the disappearance of your people? (You can decide the “truth” of their disappearance, or leave it a mystery to uncover. Up to you.) What do you miss most?

Breaks-the -Chains: What is the cause of your devotion to the Hist? How would other Argonians view your goals?

Walks-in-Shadow: With Sithis ascendent in the world, how has the Dark Brotherhood grown in power? What made you leave?

Tiros: Have you heard anything interesting?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 12:20:08 am by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2022, 05:15:08 pm »

Girtek has no idea who created them; the long years spent dormant have cut away at their old memories. At the very least, their creator was exceptionally well versed in both Dwemer engineering and conjuration magics.
Their creator(s?), at most, likely had the authority of a parent over Girtek, but no way to compel obedience beyond any separate mundane or spell-based methods.
Girtek feels no specific urge to create others like themselves, but would be glad of the opportunity to do so. The potential repercussions of doing so are unclear.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2022, 07:15:06 pm »

Tiros: Have you heard anything interesting?
My brother told me that some people here use special bows that take too long to load and need special arrows called bolts. They sound like idiots.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2022, 07:31:41 pm »

Breaks-the -Chains: What is the cause of your devotion to the Hist?
Breaks-the-Chain hatched in a fortress-ruin from a higher era, in a bubble of stable reality maintained by the Hist after the gods and laws of the world were eaten by ascendant-yet-collapsing empires. His view of the world is fundamentally one of oases of power in a shifting desert of predation and decay, with one of the best ways to beat back the clawing darkness being to dredge up the secrets of those who attained such power before you.

The Hist, he believes, were the First Race, rightful Lords of Nirn and Progenitors of the Saxhleel. Their serene yet sublime nature allowed them to prosper uninterrupted through the long ages of lesser races rising and falling, and even in the current age of calamity they persist in ways others cannot. They are and always have been the ultimate civilization, too far above the petty concerns of others to even be recognized as such.

On top of that, the Hist love and nurture him and created his species explicitly to serve them, which is an exceedingly fortunate and prestigious position to have.

How would other Argonians view your goals?
Traditionalists would be horrified. Argonians are better than dead elves because the former know you don't need anything but a full belly and a mud burrow to be happy. The Hist don't want to rule the world, and they certainly don't want to be transplanted and altered to "better" serve whatever deranged purpose was learned from the halls of those who destroyed themselves in the throes of madness.

This root-brother has learned all the wrong lessons from digging around in tombs.

Moderates would be intrigued but wary. It's true that the Hist rely on the Saxhleel to handle most of the material world for them, but sometimes this root-brother sounds like he thinks he knows better than they do. Maybe once or twice, especially on short time scales, but if he really wants to serve the Hist he should probably listen when they speak. All this talk of eugenics and dead artifice also sounds distinctly bizarre, if not outright villainous or mad. On the other hand, it's true that the world is dangerously unstable and any assistance with that would be much appreciated- elite not-quite-Argonian warriors armed with crystal magecraft operating out of a smoothskin city ruled by Hist certainly doesn't sound like the worst outcome imaginable.

This root-brother is strange, probably dangerous, but he stands against the darkness as we all do.

Radicals would vary a lot, but probably tend towards full support of his attempts to produce advanced technology and holdings for the Argonians, mostly support his attempts to create or uplift servants and allies, and be mostly hostile to his intention to replace or breed Argonians into something else. Argonians need the tools and support to triumph over the dangers of the world, and might even benefit from being made better than what they are, but they must remain Argonian.

This root-brother has the right idea... provided he stays a root-brother, and doesn't try to become an elf.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2022, 08:24:52 pm »

"How has the Dread father's ascendance effected the Brotherhood? It's grown of course, but I'm not sure that's an improvement. The Brotherhood used to be a small group of experts, now they're overrun with amateurs. Few of them put in the work to become true masters. And they've become more brazen, killing for fun and making hits in places no professional would consider. Which means more collateral damage. And the number of them who are killed or captured would embarrass the Brotherhood of old.

Why did I leave? The Shadowscales are part of the Brotherhood, but we're distinct. We mostly train ourselves. The senior scales who instructed me taught that we served the Argonian people. We were the hidden knife that when wielded could change the world, ending wars before they started and brining untouchable criminals to justice.
It wasn't true. I discovered my handler was sending me on jobs to enrich himself without thought for how it would hurt the people. When I looked it was the same for all of us. There was no noble purpose, we were tools our masters used solely for their own power.
So I left. I still take the occasional freelance job when I find a worthy cause. Not always bringing the Dread Fathers gift, sometimes it's theft. The skillsets are mostly the same."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2022, 11:13:48 pm »

What do you know of the disappearance of your people?

Spoiler: Nothing. (click to show/hide)

What do you miss most?

Spoiler: ...Everything. (click to show/hide)
Black lives matter.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2022, 11:48:56 pm »

The Mages Guild was at the forefront of Theurgic research. What caused their fracture, and what side are you on?

The years immediately preceding the Race for the Thrones were turbulent, and for many, the Nerevarine's success in expelling the Empire and its associates from Morrowind in the face of the Tribunal and the Sixth House brought an end to centuries of unchallenged imperial hegemony. Following the Oblivion Crisis, whispers of rebellion and liberation throughout the Empire grew into ever-escalating revolts exacerbated by the Empire's abandonment in their time of need. Through it all, damning rumors of Imperial involvement in the Oblivion Crisis spread like wildfire even if they disagreed on what exactly happened at White-Gold Tower to bring about those days of horror...and opportunity. Lleras' recollection remains largely limited to the once-proud halls of the Mages Guild, and during the Oblivion Crisis and the early stages of the Race for the Thrones, broadly speaking, four factions dominated discourse in Mages Guild halls from North Point to Leyawiin:
  • The pro-Imperial theurgists saw promise in using Theurgy to reap the benefits of expanding the Empire early on. Whether loyal citizens of the Empire, Argonian abolitionists, New Selective fanatics, or exiles from Morrowind, they were united in their support for Imperial projects in other worlds. They were among the first to join the Race for the Thrones, and they are remembered as among the worst of the Mantled Gods in sheer excess for their ongoing pillaging of Oblivion and Aetherius.
  • The anti-Imperial theurgists, on the other hand, saw an answer to the Septim Empire in the high magic of Theurgy. From traditionalist Dunmer to Nord separatists and from questers for Aldmeris to independence proponents from Valenwood and Elsweyr, they, too, joined the Race for the Thrones early and have since acquired a reputation for their violent infighting, mythic ruthlessness, and insufficient opposition to Dominion and Nerevarine forces in their wars against the pro-Imperial theurgists.
  • Still others, perhaps worried about the risks of the untested school of Theurgy, advocated caution and pushed for a more controlled period of study with an eye toward applications in strengthening the barriers between Nirn and Oblivion. Highly unpopular among the conjurers and theurgists, the anti-theurgists suffered heavy losses during the Race for the Thrones and have, by and large, died out as a significant player in Guild politics.
  • The fourth major faction was considerably smaller than the others, but what they lacked in numbers, they more than made up for in prestige and resources. Concentrated along the shores of the Iliac, the tower-seekers were carricatured as foolish mystics and old eccentrics, but they count members of the ancient Direnni clan among their number. Little is known of them but that they likely see a new avenue for unlocking the secrets of the Ur-Tower...
Other factions existed too, of course, and many were considerably less clearly defined than the major four, but most of the Guild leadership had aligned themselves with one of the four by this time. With Great House Hlaalu in steep decline following the expulsion of those perceived as Imperial enablers from Morrowind, Lleras was sympathetic to the pro-Imperial theurgists but had yet to be initiated in the deeper mysteries by the time the Race for the Thrones was raging in full force. It may have been a small mercy because he was spared from the worst of the fighting far beyond Nirn, where countless hopeful aspirants perished in the crossfire long before they could make their impact. Nevertheless, the loss of Guild leadership and the ongoing decay of institutional knowledge throughout Tamriel soon led to the rapid disintegration of any sort of organization above the guild hall. In High Rock, where local, squabbling kings still held sway over ever-shifting petty kingdoms, they absorbed the surviving mages into their courts and continued their intrigues more or less as they always had. In Skyrim, the Mages Guild was perhaps justifiably blamed for inciting the Oblivion Crisis and the Race for the Thrones and was banned, disbanded, and expelled in a rare moment of agreement among the feuding jarls. The situation in Cyrodiil was not much better, and the Race for the Thrones had left the Guild headless and bleeding members every which way as its Nirnbound membership lost what authority, funding, and prestige it had left to the Mantled and Mertled Gods even as the Dominion began pressing forward in earnest. Worse yet, the Psijic Order, long thought to be ambivalent at worst and possibly sympathetic to Galerion's legacy, had been incontrovertibly implicated in the rise of the Third Aldmeri Dominion.

It was this season of disarray Lleras successfully argued before the Leyawiin guild hall for a risky diplomatic mission to Skyrim, where magic was once again under heavy scrutiny. Framing it as an opportunity to foster a working relationship with the reportedly well-off College of Winterhold* with the end goal of rebuilding the Cyrodilic chapter of the Mages Guild and spreading it back to Skyrim, more than a few of his guildmates questioned the wisdom of doing so, preferring instead to lie low and work to rival and one day eclipse the reascended Ada. Realistically speaking, there wasn't too much to argue, of course; for one, there wasn't much the jarls could do that they hadn't already done to the Guild, and as Lleras had volunteered himself, even his opponents could be convinced that the outcome of this mission would be a win-win even factoring in the cost of financing his expedition.

* It's hardly the College's first disaster, after all. The incident that sent half of the City of Winterhold into the Sea of Ghosts was arguably worse, not that the College had anything to do with it.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2022, 06:01:01 pm »

The tattered remnants of Falkreath Hold, taken over by a family cousin thought long dead. Given the necromantic armies used in his campaign, his unusually long life, and reportedly pale complexion of his chief advisor, it seems he may have found himself some support amongst some surviving vampires, and might be one himself.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2022, 08:27:17 pm »

Level two character sheet. New gifts: The Still Silence of Sleep, Welcoming the Dusk.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2022, 11:00:09 pm »

Spoiler: Rilfar, Level 2 (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 02:19:25 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2022, 04:31:05 am »

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2022, 09:44:05 pm »

EDIT: Added Apotheosis Word
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 03:07:45 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2022, 12:05:23 am »

Spoiler: A level 2 Girtek (click to show/hide)

Girtek level 2! I still need to figure out that Fact. A Fact is written (yes it is specifically so that I can command bears in combat) it just needs to get approved! and approved!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 10:18:54 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2022, 12:41:50 pm »

« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 01:13:49 pm by SOLDIER First »
Black lives matter.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2022, 11:20:47 am »

To help keep momentum going, we will try a 48 hour window after the turn posts to get actions in during combat/action portions of the game.

If you happen to miss that 48 hours you can still get your action in, just I won’t necessarily be waiting to post the turn. If you miss it, that would be no problem at all I will consider you to have held your action till the end of the turn and are able to act freely at the start of the next.

Let me know if you have any questions! And reminder that your post doesn’t need to be longer than a sentence or two if you are pressed for time (and copy/paste the character reference :))
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.
Pages: 1 [2]