Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dune: getting spicy  (Read 1132 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dune: getting spicy
« on: May 09, 2022, 11:27:44 pm »

This is a weird post, but I recently discovered you can play a remarkably well-designed digital take on the board game "Dune" (2019), with people or bots in browser--all rulebooks and expansions are integrated as are some pretty weird rule interactions and the browser app is gorgeous.

https://treachery.online/

I've been obsessed. If any bay12'rs are interested, I play under the name "Babylon".

Also, "Dune: Spice wars" now in early access is an enjoyable take on the license--it is Northgard (same company and engine) but with Dune and a lot more slow and pensive (RTS with pause now) and much more complexity--political scheming, missions, playing the spice market, and good asymmetry between the four factions--plus active development.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 11:30:42 pm by thegoatgod_pan »
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Dune: getting spicy
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 04:16:54 pm »

Pretty Awesome!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 12:11:13 pm »

thank you. I will try hosting a game later.. what a unique tabletop game! While board game simulator is a thing, I wish more oldschool classic boardgames were ported to browser-based online lobby / hosting. it is simply more convenient

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 04:50:28 am »

Tough little game...