Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My odd little tale.  (Read 1106 times)

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My odd little tale.
« on: March 06, 2008, 05:42:00 am »

So, its my first attempt at adventuring. I spawn as a dwarf axeman in the middle of nowhere, with a few points put into everything not a weapon. I wander into a fortress, but can't seem to find anyone in charge. After a time, I get bored, and begin massacring them. I kill one peasent, take all his stuff, knock another unconscious, and then bombard him to death with the other guy's pants, shoes, etc.

I went into the forest and killed a bear. I picked up the bear and moved on. After awhile, I was ambushed by another bear. I hurled the first one at it, shattering its spine. After that, I started every fight by hurling bears, peasents, and wolves at my enemies.

Then I arrived at a fortress, and the queen attacked me. She just charged down from the fortress, yelled "I am ______ ______, Queen! Prepare to die!" and took a bear to the head, kept charging, took an axe to the arm, fell unconscious, and died under the flurry of peasents. Then a guard appeared and stabbed me in the gut, so I died.

invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My odd little tale.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 06:35:00 am »

One day flys will be able to fly up your nose and explode your head. So says my crystal cube.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 08:15:00 am »

In my first adventure game (about a week ago) I accidentally punched the mayor. The village children cornered me and ripped me to shreds.

I created a second adventureer. I carefully read the wiki. I attacked at nightfall and murdered them all in their beds.

Having suitibly revenged, I then proceeded to die to a goblin drunk.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 04:12:00 pm »

How do you do this? I mean, I had just 1 or 2 stupid deaths when 1 remaining wolf had bitten off my head. And maybe ~5 times I ended in the pond/fell from high cliff.
Other than that, every my adventurer was able to kill a lot of people and monsters. I just like sneaking around and shooting with x-bow/chopping with axe.
And for sure I have a high parring value.
Also I don't like to have a lot of skill points to be spent here and there. I usually just take 1 weapon skill, shield and armor skill. Lately I started to pick swimming skill as well.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 10:24:00 pm »

I like pretending I'm a member of an opposing church, march into a human town, and just beat all their priests to death with whatever symbol is suggested by my name. When I got "Hammerkissed" as a name, not a single priest was left alive.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 01:54:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by shadow_archmagi:
<STRONG>I picked up the bear and moved on. ...</STRONG>

ROFL