Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a way to give a reaction product a MATERIAL_TEMPLATE material?  (Read 1280 times)

Mr Crabman

• Bay Watcher
  • A person with the head and pincers of a crab.
    • View Profile

I'm trying to make a reaction product, but I don't see a way to specify the material (it's a glob) without it either being inorganic, or a creature/plant mat or something; I want to take the material directly from a `MATERIAL_TEMPLATE`.

The material/product, to be clear, is marshmallows, so I can't exactly go and define an inorganic object for that because they're not supposed to be ores or stones, and they're not a part of a creature or plant either (I can't attach their material to either of the plant ingredients, because they are from vanilla and I really want to avoid having to overwrite vanilla files).

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
Re: Is there a way to give a reaction product a MATERIAL_TEMPLATE material?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 04:09:28 pm »

You could try making a dummy plant that never spawns in the actual game.

Mr Crabman

• Bay Watcher
  • A person with the head and pincers of a crab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 04:32:37 pm »

Hm, an awkward solution, but acceptable (especially since there's probably no better one), thanks.

I'm not sure about this line though:

Code: [Select]
[BIOME:ANY_LAND] might be required for civ access, e.g. when creating dye
What's the point of this if the plant isn't supposed to spawn and only exists for the sake of letting something use its material?

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 01:38:43 am »

What's the point of this if the plant isn't supposed to spawn and only exists for the sake of letting something use its material?

As stated in the comment, it can be necessary for some materials.  Custom reactions probably don't need it.  Feel free to take it out and see if a world generates correctly.