Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [OOC] The Seven Crowns  (Read 1048 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
[OOC] The Seven Crowns
« on: May 19, 2022, 07:34:48 pm »

Discord (Join this if you're interested in the game)
IC
NC

Spoiler: Hook (click to show/hide)

What's This?
This is a cutely morbid roleplay where you play as a monster that literally everyone is terrified of. Everything is cute and fun and happy on the surface, but horrifying and grotesque just beneath. The plot will seem quite simple at first, focusing on the Seven Crowns and what the hell is up with them, but you can expect things to spiral in absolutely insane directions. Sadly I can't give much more detail because I don't want to spoil the wild shit I have planned. If you're familiar with The Tenth God or Lunatic Advance, this is set in the same multiverse as those games, but, like, with the what the fuck factor turned up to 11.

Since there's not a lot I can say outright, if you're vaguely interested, feel free to ask questions on the Discord and I will do my best to answer them.

Setting
The game is set in the Seven Stars, a group of vaguely planet-ish things floating around each other in space. Physics do not care. These planets range a wide variety of climates from temperate forest to ice cream hills and everything in between. The inhabitants vary across an equally wide variety of species.

The Seven Stars
The various races

Mechanics
All power comes from Source, the fundamental energy of the universe itself which can be given form by emotions. When a strong enough emotional event occurs, Source can even take on a humanoid form. This form has many names depending on what race you ask, but the one name that can be universally agreed on is "Devourer." But I like the name the Snakes use, so we're going to use that instead.

Stomach
All Ziszih are sustained by a virtually infinite regenerative ability that acts more swiftly depending on the contents of their Stomach. The more energy contained in their Stomach, the harder they become to kill. If a Ziszih's stomach is emptied, the reverse effect begins as their own bodies break down in place of the contents of their empty Stomach.

Power
Power is the capability of Ziszih to alter the world of their immediate surroundings.
  • Happiness - A Ziszih with the Power of Happiness will have slow, powerful attacks.
  • Confidence - The Power of Confidence takes the form of direct, skillful assaults.
  • Terror - The Power of Terror attacks wildly and indiscriminately. It has the weakest raw power, but will cause by far the most destruction in the long run.
Bond
Bond is the medium through which Ziszih effect others from afar.
  • Trust - Like Happiness, the Bond of Trust is slow and powerful.
  • Respect - The Bond of Respect takes on the same direct, skillful traits and Confidence.
  • Guilt - The Bond of Guilt is scattered and wild, quickly growing out of hand like its Power counterpart.
Freedom
Freedom is the means by which Ziszih can traverse the world.
  • Celerity - Freedom of Celerity is light-footed and flexible, able to move in unexpected ways and dodge all sorts of attacks easily.
  • Stride - Going very quickly in a straight line comes from the Freedom of Stride, which is unwavering.
  • Transience - The Freedom of Transience causes movement that seems counter to the normal way of things, allowing for all kinds of strange strategies.
Self
  • Heart protects the Self by guarding.
  • Soul protects the Self by defying.
  • Empty protects the Self by absorbing.
Emotion
All Ziszih possess an Emotion, a unique power that represent their fundamental being. This is their most powerful strength, beyond any of their other attributes. An Emotion cannot be taken away or destroyed. If a Ziszih's Emotion is lost, they die instantly.

Characters
Character Sheet

Fa Fwu ~ Big Fire (Stratos)
Dnagravostinae ~ One Who Is Fast While Also Being Hard To Stop (Chevaleresse)
Skylar ~ Scholar (Knightwing)
Higo'r'el Na'meuna ~ Nebulous Summit (Glass)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 03:54:50 pm by Takosher »
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC] The Seven Crowns
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 07:46:22 pm »

Is this a suggestion game, or do we make our own characters? I kind of want to be a sasquatch.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 08:04:14 pm »

Is this a suggestion game, or do we make our own characters? I kind of want to be a sasquatch.
No, this is not a suggestion game, it's a guided freeform roleplay. And you cannot be a sasquatch, the player characters are all Ziszih
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 10:30:56 pm »

Oh, sorry. Misunderstood what you meant by ‘monster’.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2022, 06:07:40 am »

Did you actually read anything past the first sentence?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2022, 01:00:18 pm »

I skipped the spoiler and the Google docs because I was in a hurry, wasn’t going to get another chance to read it again for a while, and didn’t want to miss out, so I missed the context of what a Ziszih actually was.

Only reading those parts of the OP, I got the impression that it just meant a specific, customizable category of monster, while I took the parts about the wide variety of races and planets and them being manifestations of Source to mean that it could look like whatever I wanted.

Sorry I didn’t fully read it, I thought all the spots would be snapped up before I got back and I was concerned I’d lose the chance to play.
My mods and forum games.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2022, 01:30:39 pm »

Just gonna drop this here like Lex asked

Coffer's Amazing Inferno
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2022, 01:30:56 pm »

GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2022, 01:47:35 pm »

I don’t have the resources to set up a sheet at the moment (looking forward to having computer access again...), but I’d like to note that I’m intending to set up some variety of travel-themed Ziszih. Because travel-themed stuff is neat.

So, yeah. Expect a sheet... hopefully sometime early next week, I think. (Summer has started, which means that the amount of time I have access to my computer is actually likely to go down rather than up.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2022, 01:48:49 pm »

Fa Fwu and Dnagravostinae are both accepted
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 01:56:11 pm by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2022, 02:15:17 pm »

Skylar is accepted
Defile Circles Discord

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2022, 09:54:21 pm »

Higo'r'el Na'meuna is accepted
Defile Circles Discord