Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Flight of the Twelve Behemoths 2021  (Read 5730 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Flight of the Twelve Behemoths 2021
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2022, 10:24:50 am »

Aight I don't usually do New Year resolutions but since this coincides with me being anxious about getting prediabetes and changing up my diet, I might as well...

1. Work my way up to 150 minutes of moderate exercise a week. I already have been doing enough of that this holiday, but we'll see about when I actually need to do university stuff too.
2. Memorize 12 poems. They might all be my girlfriend's because I am gay.
3. Stretch my hands at least 12 times a week for at least 3 weeks in a row.
4. Learn the basics of Aikido. Not sure what this entails. Will update this goal later.
5. Learn some basic shadow boxing. Not sure how much I can accomplish without in-person training, but I really want to get around to learning how to throw a real punch.
6. Make my first game in Unity. Uuuuuugh. I don't mind the programming, and designing, but I hate wrestling with the UI.
7. Read the whole forensics medicine textbook I have, because while it likely won't come up in any upcoming examinations ever, I feel like I should know more about my career goal.
8. Read Higher Topos Theory? I'm not sure if I can actually do this, but eh, I could at least knock down some prerequisite background I need to understand it hopefully.
9. Like, actually sit down and draw a complete lineart. Maybe twelve.
10. Learn enough about stocks that I actually know how to invest in them. I can feel my mental health deteriorating every time I look directly into capitalism, but I, unfortunately, have to manage my family assets at some point, and I doubt the revolution will come soon enough to free me from that.
11. Read the five philosophy books recommended here, and then I guess I could consider reading the old books later.
12. Read the 2 Classics of Marxism compilations. It's honestly embarrassing that I haven't gotten around to that.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2022, 01:52:32 pm »

I'm so sorry but there's a new thread for 2022 >_<
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2022, 05:59:05 pm »

Well, life is shit, so might as well make a list of shit I gots to do if I want to survive (pregame list for 2022):
1) Need new office by Jan 2022, fuck you landlord
2) Need close files, fuck you work
3) Need save money because no work, fuck you world shit I fucking won't be saying
4) Need lose weight, because damn not gonna be fucking overweight whale no more, fuck fuck fuck
5) Need save update at least one computer, fuck outdated crappy computers
6) Should probably go on one date in 2022.  I mean, I make that resolution every year and epic fail every year, so why not make it again?
7) Shit, I can totally travel a half-marathon.  Not like run, but run/walk on my own.  So shit, why not?
8) I got some books I bought.  Maybe read one?  Douglas Adams for the win!
9) Speaking of books, what about writing a short story(s)? Yeah I can do that!
10) Update wardrobe.  Damn, some of my stuff is OLD
11) Save for sis to get married.  Sure.
12) Clean, service, and fire these cool guns staring at me. At least several of them (some are missing parts).

Fuck you 2021, maybe 2022 won't utterly and completely SUCK.

Well, it looks like #1 is ok.  Everything else is just fluff anyways.  Oh, I did some #11, and this can qualify as some contribution to #9.  Maybe I'll have time/energy to write up something this month for 2022.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]