Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finding workshop for instrument pieces  (Read 847 times)

Finding workshop for instrument pieces
« on: December 30, 2021, 03:56:23 am »

The instrument i want to make needs 4 pieces. Keyboard, console, pipe and pump.

I'm trying to figure out which is the right workshop for making these parts. Keyboard and console can be made at craftdwarf's workshop but can't find pipe and pump ones.  I use manager to find the correct workshop of them but there is no warning about what is missing. When I look at the Details section, I can't see the raw material either.

I know that the instruments are procedurally generated, I created my own world using the perfect world, do you think the problem has anything to do with it?

Thanks in advance.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Finding workshop for instrument pieces
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 04:02:23 am »

As far as I know, there's no bugs with instrument pieces being unavailable.

Personally, I'd build one of each workshop and check if the recipe is present. According to the wiki, you should be able to find the missing parts at one of these 6:
-carpenter's workshop for wood instruments/components
-glass furnace for glass instruments/components
-kiln for ceramic instruments/components
-leather works for leather instruments/components
-mason's workshop for stone instruments/components
-metalsmith's forge for metal instruments/components

I'm not sure what the manager screen could be doing wrong - but I know some orders are messed up since the last update (for example, pedestals can't be made in the manager [maybe mistake. Is it wooden pedestals can /only/ be made in the manager?])
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 04:58:14 am »

Well thank you it seems that i can make both pipe and pump at Kiln. It's kind of weird that the manager screen didn't show this tho.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 02:50:49 pm »

...Was there an update in the last few days? I'm making stone pedestals easily enough.

I find I have to make the first one of each instrument piece in the workshop in question before I can find the piece in the manager, but that could be my poor spelling skills coming to the fore.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!