Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf worshipping a force?  (Read 679 times)

BlueManedHawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Does you is not can the have the yet what do it be
    • View Profile
Dwarf worshipping a force?
« on: December 19, 2021, 08:50:59 pm »

A migrant wave just arrived to my fortress (it was a gem setter and their two children…not great), and I noticed that one of them worships a force (in addition to two deities).  I thought that forces was exclusive to elves and elven civs—what's going on with here?  The wiki page provided no help.

How do i use sigtext properly?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf worshipping a force?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 08:57:29 pm »

A traitor! To the magma with them!

In world-gen, dwarves can adopt the religions of other civs, particularly if they have a lot of contact. You'll sometimes see humans worshiping dwarven gods, or elves worshiping religions dedicated to mountains and gems.

DwarfUli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf worshipping a force?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 12:30:46 pm »

This is super interesting, I haven't noticed this myself but delphonso's explanation makes sense. I also have noticed that sometimes dorfs, humans and goblins will actually be raised by parents of a different type. I assume goblins who steal human and dwarven children sometimes will raise them, and these children will grow old knowing only their captors' traditions?

I noticed something cool in my world in that there is a human deity that is still alive. I have only noticed this once, but it might be common. I am working on trying to get an adventurer to interact with this living god, but the distance I need to travel is great, and my dorfs' hatred for humans is even greater  >:(