Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Am I just unlucky?  (Read 939 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Am I just unlucky?
« on: February 29, 2008, 01:14:00 pm »

Last few worlds I've tried adventuring in have been pretty disappointing. I have been unable to navigate to caves due to sheer cliffs. I've tried navigating around the cliffs but it just leads me farther and farther away. I haven't been able to get to any caves the last few versions.

Am I just very unlucky? It's always been a pain, but it never seemed this impossible.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Am I just unlucky?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 01:37:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Wiles:
<STRONG>Am I just very unlucky?</STRONG>

Yes.  I seem to have no problem getting killed in caves.  The cliffs thing is a bit annoying though; you sometimes have to go very far out of the way to avoid them (including travelling to a neighbouring big-map square and then walking in the small map all the way to your destination).

You could create a small fortress there with a path from the top to the bottom.

Anfold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 01:47:00 pm »

I just [T]ravel away from the map and then back until I get on the right cliff level.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 04:09:00 pm »

Hey, if you were given a quest by a leader that requires you go hiking for 18 in-game months before you reach your destination, do the logical thing:

Slaughter his village.

By the way Wiles, your giant mantises are super overpowered. Encountering one is bad enough, but they come in packs. I hope you come across them :P

Also, you can do what Anfold said and just go back to world map, move in and out, and go back in and hope you get plunked correctly. I remember in the older versions, you would actually be given the option to directly jump to the creature itself if you spent enough time on the map... but it seems to be gone now. Makes killing goblins in their fortress very annoying.