Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Post your awesome fights!  (Read 3112 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Post your awesome fights!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 05:12:00 pm »

Killing demons is easier than killing axelords really. Just make sure you have a decent shield (or two) and good shield skill to reflect their primary attack (fireball) since if it hits you, it's usually game over. Basically, if you can kill a bowgoblin who is shooting you from 20 tiles away and not get hurt by any arrows, you can kill a demon easy.

I recommend using a weapon that almost always removes limbs. You want to incapacitate your enemy (through pain), and the fastest way to do that is to take off an arm or a foot. Thus, swords are a good choice. Axes are good too. Spears aren't quite a good choice unless you are an ungodly lucky fellow who strikes critical shots every time. What usually happens is that it gets stuck in the demon's right wing and you're screwed.

Also, speed is important, it is vital you get as many chances to move and hit the enemy as possible. Try not to burden yourself with 2 chainmail + 1 platemail + 8 shields if your adventurer can't pass 1000 speed with that layout.

What not to do:
- Wrestle the demon. You can't do it while it's conscious. You may be able to grab it, but not even a legendary +4 wrestler can grapple a conscious demon.
- Throw stones or small objects at the demon. It's suicide. It doesn't do any real damage. If you're going to throw something, throw a spear or a zweihander.
- Turn your back to it. Don't try and kill another enemy while a demon is in the area. The game interprets this as turning your back to it and the demon will get bonuses to attacking you. Very, very bad.
- Run away from it. Unless you are stupidly agile, you can't outrun the demon. And he's going to shoot a fireball at you if you try.

Fun things to do:
- Demons in adventurer mode normally wear clothes. Which is pretty funny. But it's also useful because clothes can catch fire. If you're daring, and you know where the demon is, set fire to a nearby shrub and throw a wooden spear (get these from elves) or a wooden arrow in it. Wait till it's !!spear!!, then grab it, run towards the demon, and stab him with it until it gets embedded. He's dead. You need to do it fast or you'll catch fire too.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 08:30:00 pm »

I remember once I defeated a dozen wolves in a row with totally fresh character. But afterwards, I was so weak, I was strangled by a turkey before I could escape. a TURKEY!  :eek: Does this qualify as an awesome fight?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Samyotix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 02:10:00 pm »

Congratulations! ... for me it's usually something like this: http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll147/samyotix/dwarfort_myfirstcavespider.jpg

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2008, 01:58:00 pm »

For my contribution, go to the Death and Glory! thread and look at my latest entry.  It's modded, but it's as cool as it gets.

The writing and pictures don't do it justice though, you'd have to be there to really appreciate the utter carnage.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2008, 02:51:00 pm »

My most awsome fight...Was agenst a black bear. I was fighting him next to a pond and I dodged one of his swipes..and fell into the pond. I couldnt swim and knew I was going to die so i threw my sword at him. It sliced off his head.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!
Pages: 1 [2]