Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My First GCS kill! And my drunk assistant wasn't even h  (Read 1110 times)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
My First GCS kill! And my drunk assistant wasn't even h
« on: April 04, 2008, 11:51:00 pm »

So I get the message "You've spotted a Giant Cave Spider!"

These happen to be very common in the dwarven capital of my pocket world I am playing in. I had been seeing messages of guards and outpost liaisons dieing to them left and right. I was just moving on to another antman I saw. I figured I was dead meat, but I remembered hearing about throwing being overrated. I just happened to be carrying random parts of antmen I had run across and a few stones I picked up, so I figured "What the heck? Maybe I can knock it unconscious with a spinning antman body!" Unfortunatly the spinning antman body only managed to hit the third leg of the giant cave spider, and it glances away to boot. Well, after tossing all my bodyparts at it, and it almost upon me, I tossed a rock at it. The rock did the trick, and the Giant Cave Spider was struck down! Not really. Instead, it dodged the rock, right into the chasm that it spawned from. Still, I count it as my kill! And my drunk assistant still remains unkilled. Unfortunately it wasn't the one who brought down the outpost liaison, so my quest for his body continues! Until death by overwhelming antmen or a GCS that doesn't dodge rocks comes along! Oh, and that antman? He bounced off me, I counter-attacked, and blasted his corpse clean across the chasm. Adventure mode is fun!  :)

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Katawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My First GCS kill! And my drunk assistant wasn't even h
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 04:33:00 pm »

Overpowered, not overrated.
att has been attacked by a dead and still annoying acquaintance lately.

GreyMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 01:02:00 pm »

Everybody calls it overrated, though.

Also, throwing is even more overpowered at Legenduhry.

t''s not illegal. The government just doesn''t want you doing it.

gerkinzola

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 08:50:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by GreyMario:
<STRONG>Everybody calls it overrated, though.

Also, throwing is even more overpowered at Legenduhry.</STRONG>

i find that it is or was less because you seem to miss more