Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: what is causing this?  (Read 773 times)

DogsRNice

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Maclunky
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
what is causing this?
« on: August 20, 2021, 04:16:42 pm »

are scars supposed to be enough to cause this?
I had an FB named Ned once.  I kept imagining a giant Ned Flanders...

Want an underground tree with green wood? Check out this tiny mod I made to add one

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: what is causing this?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 04:41:22 pm »

The gem setter is caused in a cancellation spam loop where she's trying to recover her baby after what's probably some kind of injury event. It might be possible to break it by getting her to put into a traction bench, but I'm unsure if the baby retrieval attempts would prevent other dorfs from hauling her away.

Killing the baby should presumably kick her out of the loop (and induce trauma), and it might work to teleport the baby away either to the hospital or to somewhere she can't path to.

If you're looking for her current injuries you should look at the wounds screen, not what she looks like, as fresh wounds won't have resulted in scars yet: the scars are not the cause of it, but it's rather something like both arms or the spine being broken.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 10:42:28 pm »

Looks dangerously like she lost or damaged her hands. Check her health for a full rundown of her injuries.

If you can get the infant seperated into an unpathable location (put mum and kid on either side of a door and lock the kid in) you can possibly talk some of the dorfs to take her to hospital for repairs. Unfortunately no other dorfs can pick up the infant, that I've seen anyhow, but they will feed and water it if they can path to it. I've had orphans in my forts before and they've survived just fine so long as their fort does.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 11:05:23 pm »

The list of scars mentions a left hand, though. I guess it could be so damaged as to be unusable, though.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 11:08:58 pm by Ziusudra »
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2021, 02:03:09 am »

The list of scars mentions a left hand, though. I guess it could be so damaged as to be unusable, though.

The right arm also has a scar. A sufficiently deep cut could've severed motor nerves.

If you have a Chief Medical Dwarf, you can use the [z]Status->Health screen to see if she can grasp (=use her hands) at all. "Impaired" means one hand doesn't work, "Can't" means both don't work.

The appearance description (which you have posted) should mention if her arms are smashed or broken, and in those cases a doctor could fix her right up. But nerve damage isn't part of the appearance and only shows up in the [v][w]Wounds list or in the [v][z][h]detailed medical history.