Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Demonic Goblins  (Read 999 times)

acastells

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Demonic Goblins
« on: August 09, 2021, 12:58:20 pm »

Hi! I Edited the goblins so they have noble positions and a "Demonic Caste" with Tail, horns and scales, this caste is the only allowed to rule the Civilization.

This civ doesn't like dark fortresses, they live in cities.

I added the changes in the following repo.

https://github.com/DF-raw-repo/demon-goblin

PD: Feel free to send any improvements or changes , also if you want to create another repo with your custom race or raw edit i can invite you.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demonic Goblins
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 01:32:03 pm »

Github is pretty cool if you're like keeping in mind to make your work easily navigatable, but this'd also fit the bill of a 'minor mod' in the DF approved DFFD (Dwarf Fortress File Depot). Which has the added benefit of tracking downloads to see how popular it is and somewhere Toady importantly trusts when retrieving bugged saves along with some of the modding content of the last decade.

Though github does allow other people to talk about, open PR's to your work. I would love a big full conversion mod/high content mod to be on Github for instance, with relevant people being able to help with it. This seems like a nifty bit of editing work, ill be eager to see if the demonic goblins work infact i might just have some plans on how to use them.

acastells

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Demonic Goblins
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 08:30:12 am »

Thanks, my objective is to improve the vanilla DF, in GitHub I can keep track of the changes in the raw files, but yes, I can upload all the mods to DFFD once I get a stable version.

With this change (demonic goblins) the goblin numbers are (more or less) the same as the other races.

Feel free to comment if you would change something in these raws.