Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71]

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 44833 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Anyone want to borrow 2 guineas?  Or 6 if you borrow from both banks?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I could grab a third ship perhaps. But I need 11gn.

No one wants to buy my ship... Don't you want Wool?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 05:01:58 pm by TricMagic »

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

Quote from: SCOPE
We the undersigned Sharky's financial services, agree to provide blueprints for a SCOPE to the undersigned Wilco Ventures at a cost of 0.8 guineas. Said blueprints are to be used for the manufacture of a single device, then destroyed. Unlawful copy of the blueprint either directly or indirectly shall incur a fine of 5 guineas.
Sharky's financial ventures only provides the single use blueprints, not the full product. It is up to the buyer to gather the raw materials for assembly (aka: bring your own sand)

-Wilco Ventures
-Sharky's financial services

Andrea: Pay Sharky's Finnacial Service 0.8 Guineas for scope.

ActActAct: Use three sand to make a scope and equip it on the Abyss, then celebrate and set it's course for East.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bon Voyage flazeo!  Don't get eaten by the Cannibals!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also Andrea, 3*6% is 0.18 interest per turn. That said, I'm just going to dump the interest into my account. Let it build over time.

While that math is indeed correct, I seem to recall that you only deposited 2.75 guineas, not 3.

Anyway, putting money back immediately would turn that into a compound interest loan. Which, at 6%, is really onerous to hold and unfair to my previous deposit holders (see Draignean, m1895). I am afraid I can't allow automatic reinvestment of that, especially considering that the 6% rate was a special interest rate offered for that particular situation.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is also true, but you seem to put three. Fine though, I'll take the .1 per turn. (Though I may withdraw it in 3-4 turns to pay off debts.)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I may have wrote it wrong on one spoiler. Also, it is not 0.1, it is 0.165. I gave you a 0.1 last turn because you asked for 0.1 advance interest. This turn you should get an extra 0.065, but if it is ok for you I would rather pay bi-monthly, to avoid dealing with thousandths.

By the way, while usually there is a 3 month wait for getting your principal money back in order for me to gather the funds, you can use it to pay back loans without any forewarning, since that simply involves me moving numbers from one side of the book to the other.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 02:54:47 pm by andrea »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

K.

ANDREA, of note, I apparently don't need the advance this turn anyway, given the chart sold. You can have it back if it would simplify things. Bi-monthly interest is fine too.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 03:05:04 pm by TricMagic »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another bathtub frilled with coins equaling 11! Guineas is delivered to the office as payment and set down gently, as is right for commissioning a ship. Pirate's Question sets off to ask for wool. Destination is New Motherland.
Okay, so, I only just noticed this. You can absolutely not name two ships the same thing. You already have a ship named Pirate's Question.
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another bathtub frilled with coins equaling 11! Guineas is delivered to the office as payment and set down gently, as is right for commissioning a ship. Pirate's Question sets off to ask for wool. Destination is New Motherland.
Okay, so, I only just noticed this. You can absolutely not name two ships the same thing. You already have a ship named Pirate's Question.

I thought I had edited everything. Now that should be all the stuff. (That's supposed to say The Gentle Waves go out with the tide.)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*pay 0.9 guineas to m1895 for news services.

As of now, I'll be able to share with everyone sailing the norderland route information about piracy on their ships.
It is not just safer than copper, it also gives you more information about what is going on!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*pay 0.9 guineas to m1895 for news services.

As of now, I'll be able to share LIES AND PROPAGANDA with everyone sailing the norderland route information about piracy on their ships THAT WILL KILL MY ENEMIES AND BENEFIT MY FRIENDS.
It is not just safer than copper, it also gives you more information about what is going on! ALL HAIL THE SHARK!

Fixed that for you. :P

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

Hmm looking good.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71]