Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: game crashes when checking legends tabs and trying to play adventurer  (Read 1111 times)

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so i have this decently modded game that i let run for 400 years or so, that when i finally decided to check with legends decided to crash when i tried checking the tabs like histfigs/artifacts/etc. deciding this was probably a flaw with the world, i tried generating another one only for it to immediately crash. there wasn't a single error in the errorlog that i hadn't had every time i ran the game before without crashing  (mainly missing definitions for mussel pearls and fluffy wamblers) and after a bit i noticed it was because the symbol file was missing.
now, confident that the isue was fixed, i generated another world, this one for only about 80 years or so, and decided to run that. exact. same. problem. with no trace in the errorlog of something fatally wrong.
can anyone please figure out what's wrong with my game? i'll post the save here if you want to recreate the circumstances of the crash.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V4e5_H8RVBZysHrQL9Kf-RngKHSKDpVF/view?usp=sharing

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile

Sorry, I see it's a modded game.  Ignore this post.  :D

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, I see it's a modded game.  Ignore this post.  :D
?

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile

I had originally posted a few questions to determine if it was a modded game, but you state that in your first sentence, so, that detail is already enumerated.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're better off posting in modding if you want people to diagnose why your mods are crashing. Lots more people who will notice the post and may be able to help you there.

(There's a Move Thread button somewhere about).

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're better off posting in modding if you want people to diagnose why your mods are crashing. Lots more people who will notice the post and may be able to help you there.

(There's a Move Thread button somewhere about).
oh thank you :)

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

okay, so quick update. after playing a bunch of the object testing arena and spawning in things like giants, cyclopses and minotaurs, checking their descriptions and then immediately crashing, i figured that the reason the crashes were happening was because these three semimegabeasts existed, so i promptly removed them from the raws.
after generating a world once again, the legends mode tabs actually opened! i could even check histfigs and artifacts and entities and such, but i could only check the first page of entries before crashing again.