Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rendering fat problems.  (Read 1554 times)

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rendering fat problems.
« on: July 09, 2021, 12:38:03 pm »

Having some difficulty with rendering fat for some reason.
I have fats available, but... it says they can't be rendered.
Examining the fat, it says it's rendered into "melted tallow", which... isn't right.

But it's not warm enough to melt fat or tallow, so why is this happening ?  ???

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rendering fat problems.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 01:36:57 pm »

fresh install, install dwarfhack, go to object testing arena, and it still says fat is rendered into "melted tallow". Hmm.

well at least I now know my mod isn't the thing that's causing the problem.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 04:49:04 am »

my saved game, I have bars of soap, made from creatures that I had slaughtered. So I must have had tallow in the past.

weird.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 05:02:37 am »

Aha ! Found what the problem was. The kitchens had been linked to stockpiles that didn't include fat, so couldn't recognise there was fat available to render.

Working fine now.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 05:55:19 am »

Aha ! Found what the problem was. The kitchens had been linked to stockpiles that didn't include fat, so couldn't recognise there was fat available to render.

Working fine now.

Alternatively you could fuddle auto-kitchen 'O'rders to off in order to halt the process of auto-tallow mixing since the kitchen along with the loom is a workshop that is compatible with [AUTOMATIC] reaction tokens.

Im glad you sorted your problem out though.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 07:32:08 pm »

My method is to have a kitchen in near the butcher with it's manager jobs turned off, and an unlinked fat/tallow/lye stockpile near to both. I check it every now and again, and it has tallow orders working fine. The kitchens in the main eating hall, far from the butchers and the fat stockpile, don't seem to get the tallow orders and thus can continue to provide endless floury apricot roasts.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!